Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

American bully with sore groin area

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Janwa, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Janwa

Janwa PetForums Newbie

Hi all, ive a male 1 year old american bulldog with a sore groin area, i cant get him in to the vets for 10 days, best they can do is a video consultation on monday, so thought i'd try and seek some advice here beforehand, it doesnt seem to be bothering him but doesnt look good at all, any helpful adice is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It looks horrible. What on earth is wrong with your vet that they will not see you for 10 days. That is totally unacceptable. If it was mine I would clean it and dry it thoroughly then put aloe vera gel or udder cream or some such on it and make sure he does not lick it. I would do that several times a day - maybe not putting water on it more than once a day to clean it up - and see if there is any improvement by Monday morning so that you can tell your vet whether it has worked or not.

nappy cream of some sort would do too.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Janwa

Janwa PetForums Newbie

He would deffo lick it, he licks everything and anything, they said its due to covid they are now back logged with appointments

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I would think he has caused it by licking so you are going to have to stop him licking anyway. the dreaded cone or make an elizabethan collar .

5. Janwa

Janwa PetForums Newbie

Yeah i did think he'll end up with a cone on as they'll probably perscribe a cream that he cant be licking, thanks for the advice

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’d probably leave it until Monday and show the vet by video call, rather than risk aggravating it tbh.

If it’s not bothering him at the moment I wouldn’t fiddle with it.

Chances are they will prescribe for you to collect or fit you in if they think it’s more urgent.

When Jack was prescribed steroid cream (which they mustn’t lick), I used to put it on just as we went out for a walk so he was on lead and couldn’t lick and he forgot about it (and the cream had soaked in) by the time we got back.

LittleMow and DanWalkersmum like this.
  7. Janwa

Janwa PetForums Newbie

Sounds a good plan, thanks for the advice

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice