Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Amber out of box

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Callie, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Amber keeps coming out of the box for a while at a time. Is this ok.
    Pups are sleeping and heat lamp on so they seem content. Itseems as though she just wants to go and feed and clean then out. Is this ok. Some of the pups have found their voice and really yelp when they want fed or to cuddle up to another pup. This seems to get worse at night.Is this all ok.

The other thing is Amber was eating when she was in box as long as I gave her a handful at a time. Now she is out for longer ther is not so much scope to do this and she won't eat from her dish yet.
    Don't know if I should start mixing tripe in food to tempt her but don't want to start this cycle all over again......HELP!!

2. greyrockinghorse

greyrockinghorse PetForums Junior

Pepper is out of her box a lot now i think she is too warm. Plus i think she feels left out of family life. She does go straight back if they whimper. Both food and water have to be held under her nose for her to have any at all even though she can be laid right next to it she won't help herself, which is a bit worrying. As our girls have done everything the same practically, i'm not sure if it is normal. Puppy is doing great 158 gms at this morning weigh in. Had a shock at the 3am feed, one puppy missing FRANTIC!!!!! :eek: Pepper had took him in to the utility and had him on the washing on the floor. My fault for not closing the door:(

3. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

oh you must have paniced!!! Amber same about food. Just going to moniter it today see what she eats. Glad Pepper is out too! Amber think misses family life too!

Nobody tells you how much of a worry this can be! Great news about Minnie!:thumbup:

4. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Yeah, you can put tripe in but only a little, remember whatever you feed mum it goes through pups as well so watch for runny poos. Put a little in to start with and gradually increase it as you would when introducing any "new food". You can tried scrambled egg too, chicken broth. Most mums start to get sore mouths now for all the cleaning and faeces eating, so try soaking her food, it may help soothe her mouth. Icecubes are good too, especially with weather like recently... maybe chicken broth icecubes.

5. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

we had to move bramble and the pups up to my mums bedroom as she would just whine to be upstairs with my mum and would just leave the babies. As they got bigger she would only feed them and clean them then leave them alone. they were fine though. She had to have a c-section though and I think they were catching her wound.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice