Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Amazing walk today

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LJLilley, Oct 25, 2012.

1. LJLilley

LJLilley PetForums Member

Tori has been doing so well with her training lately that I took her to the park close to our home (we had negative experiences there but it's the only place I could really test her) and she was still excited by every dog she saw but she has now started to listen to me. I was really pleased so I decided to take her again today to see if it was a fluke.

We met a woman with a lovely border collie puppy and though Tori greeted a bit excitedly she didn't jump, bark or paw at the pup and she quickly settled when I told her to. To my surprise we were able to walk around the rest of the park with them and Tori largely ignored the puppy trying to entice play, she did sometimes respond but it was controlled not like before when she went slightly berserk with excitement. We were also able to meet several other dogs and their owners and Tori was perfectly calm, greeted them nicely and for the first time ever I was able to talk to other dog owners without having to apologise or deal with their glares.

I'm so proud of my girl, I hope things keep improving and we can enjoy all of our walks from now on :)

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Sounds like you should be proud of yourself as well as your girl :)

You've obviously been working very hard with patience and love together - lovely that you were able to enjoy such a nice walk today :)

3. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Glad you had such a great time. Hopefully its the start of some great walks for you both!

Hope you are keeping well too!

4. LJLilley

LJLilley PetForums Member

Thank you :) It's seemed so difficult at times but now I think we're past that stage and it feels amazing, to enjoy our walks and seeing Tor so happy playing other dogs like she should be is indescribable but i'm pretty much like this :D right now!

I'm not doing too bad thanks Emma, the cold is taking it out of me though. How are you and Alfie doing?

5. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Glad to hear your ok. We are good thanks. More pain for me with the cold but alfie still as cheeky as always!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice