Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Amazing trees

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by kaz_f, Apr 8, 2011.

1. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

I had a really great day with work on Wednesday, I went to Moccas Park and saw some incredible ancient trees! Just wanted to share.

The short squat little fella is 'the old man of Moccas'

The fourth one is a giant ash tree.

I saw lots of beetles most of which I could identify but one which I couldn't so let me know if there are any entomologists amongst you and if so i'll post a picture of it.

The final picture isn't in Moccas it's called the Great Oak and even has it's own road sign pointing people to it. It's hollow and you could get about 8 people in there easily.

Attached Files:

Amethyst likes this.
  2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Lovely pics, thank you for sharing :)

3. rona

rona Guest

I just love all the different shapes in trees :)

4. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Thank you both, yeah I love the shapes too. The old man of Moccas is a really squat tree because as he has aged he's also shrunk (height wise) and grown round the middle just like people do lol!

It was just one of those days that sometimes you really need in order to re-inspire you and so I very much enjoyed it.

5. hairydog

hairydog PetForums Member

Lovely pictures, i go out taking pictures of trees too, just love em!:thumbup1:

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Never heard of Moccas, where is it?

Nice pictures. I much prefer trees in winter, you can see the shapes properly.

7. Wow, very strange indeed! Great pictures.

8. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

It's in Herefordshire, there are some wonderful old trees in Herefordshire, lots of old orchards too. I like wintry trees too especially when the branches are thick with snow, makes them look amazing.

Thank you! Trees seem to be a recurring theme in my pictures :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice