Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am I too heavy to learn to ride?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding and Training' started by Kurlach, Aug 28, 2009.

1. bekabean

bekabean PetForums Newbie

Nolton stables pembrokeshire. One of the best rides ive done and on the most beautiful beaches in Wales....truely stunning. Was a couple of years ago now but they had plenty of weight carrying horses

leashedForLife likes this.
  2. AubreyGecko

AubreyGecko PetForums Member

Really old post but park lane is awesome it's Basildon or around there and also Medway farm riding school in althorne has a shire that carries 18 stone and 2 mares that can carry 16 :)

3. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Just googled medway they're not operating as a riding school anymore according to their website.

4. AubreyGecko

AubreyGecko PetForums Member

Ohh that's pants ): thank you for letting me know

5. Phex

Phex PetForums Newbie

I'm a 30 year old male, 6'0'' and 16 st. i'm keen to learn to ride but I have tried all the local schools and they have 13-14 st limits. Does anyone know of a school in Hampshire or Berkshire with weight carring horses? I can travel further if need be...

6. Prowl

Prowl Guest

Hello is Barling Stables too far for you?

I'm not sure if you have tried there yet I used to ride when I was little and I know they take on adults as I used to muck out for work experience and was paid with lessons.

I was quite heavey in college not sure how much I weighed but I seemed to manage to stay on the horse and have seen much more experienced riders take tumbles o.0''

Sadly didn't get to continue ridding into adulthood though as I don't drive.

I am also not sure if Writtle College does lessons for adults or they are exclusive to the students who study horse care. I know for sure Writtle has heavey weights. If not it would be worth giving them a ring as the staff are friendly and could probably put you in touch with stables that could take you on :>

7. warrior chick

warrior chick PetForums Newbie

8. warrior chick

warrior chick PetForums Newbie

Hello, I just found your thread as I am also looking for somewhere for my friend to have lessons in Essex who is also 16 stone . I'm trying to book her a lesson as a surprise as she watches me ride and she would love to have a go but the school I go to only caters for people up to 14 stone! If you managed to find somewhere could you please let me know . I hope you have found somewhere . ☺

9. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Warrior Chick, I'd start a new thread. The OP hasn't commented on this since 2009 so I'm not sure he's been around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice