Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JordanRose, Nov 4, 2012.

1. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

...that's more anxious about the fireworks than my animals?

I'm a nervous wreck everytime one goes off in case they scare the furries, yet Spooks is snoozing away without a care in the world and the bunnies are sat munching on hay like they normally would :lol:

I'll be glad when it's all over! :eek:

2. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Aw bless you :( I hated it when Max was around, was always worried the fireworks would set his epilepsy off. He never liked fireworks at the best of times.

That said I really don't like them at all, I had an awful experience when I was little and it's never really gone away, used to force myself to take the boys to watch the fireowrks when they were little, but now they are older I can ignore them :(

3. JordanRose

I've never liked them, either, I hate anything that sparks or bangs so fireworks are pretty unfortunate for me :blush:

Last year, the bunnies were indoors so I didn't mind it at all- turned up the TV and had no worries but I hate that they're outside this time :( They're in an insulated shed but I'm still so scared for them :rolleyes::

I think I'll be bringing them in tomorrow when it's at its worst then I can worry about them getting too warm instead :blink:

4. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

At this moment I would like to get a firework, stick it up my neighbous jacksy and light it :mad: He was still letting fireworks off after 10 last night and doing it again tonight, why?! Never bothers to warn any of the neighbours and the moron has a dog himself (jack russell) who is outside in the garden running round barking

5. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

my labbie couldnt care less about the fire works.
    me i shake when they start going off.i cant stand them :O(.

6. JordanRose

What an idiot! I want to go and do this to him: :nono:

:lol:

I think organised displays should only be allowed. People shouldn't be able to buy them over the counter, they're far too dangerous and it's often the numpties that get hold of them :mad:

7. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I think every Tesco Express up and down the country should have a compulsory bonfire and display....INSIDE! :devil:

8. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

iv got some idiot letting them off down the road :(

the cats and ferrets are supremely unbothered, im shaking every time theres a loud boom :(

9. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

When my terrier was around he was petrified, I had to get him a DAP collar for Guy Fawkes and NYE to take his fear down from completely petrified to very scared :(

The cats and chickens are really not bothered at all, which is a big relief in fairness.

I think they should only be allowed for organised displays, I don't think any Tom, Dick or Harry should be able to buy them.

10. MeganRose

MeganRose PetForums Senior

Nope, I'm the same! Everytime one goes off, I not only jump out my skin, but look straight at Sophie to check she's not spooked by it - nope, she's not even batted an eyelid at them! And they're been going off constantly since it got dark...

11. JordanRose

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hate that Bonfire Night's fallen on a Monday, as it means people are making a weekend of it :cryin:

12. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

I hate Bonfire night, but we never did it on the 5th, we did it on the 7th because it's my cousin's birthday. For years we did fireworks and I used to hide out inside cus I hated them. There were two occasions my mom and cousin nearly got hit by a rogue Catherine wheel and that's when we decided to stop.

Unless it's an organised display, the things should be banned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice