Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am i over reacting?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Paula07, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Me and Nick went to stay at Ozzys the other night and my OH took Tig for the night. I told him very clearly "DO NOT LET TIG ON THE BED". He knows what he's like but he thinks because they have a 'special bond' he wouldn't bite him. :rolleyes:

So the next day i asked if he let him on the bed, he said he didn't let him he just went up because his bed is low to the ground. Which is alot of rubbish!

I was so angry and told him he wont be staying there again. A little imature, i know. :eek:

Everyone else thought it was hilarious how annoyed i was. :mad:

So, is it as big a deal as im making it out to be?

2. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i`d say it`s a big deal, it would be to me. our dogs are like our kids an i know for sure i wouldn`t allow anyone to have my kids a second time if they deliberately disobeyed my request the first time. at the end of the day it`s you who has to suffer the consequences of it, not them

3. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Dont know really. Depends how much you reacted Reckon it is wrong as you ask for something or not something and expect it to be so. If not then you can't trust the person.

Did he bite him?

#3 GingerRogers, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

Exactly this! So very annoying.

No, he never bit him. He has bit me twice in the past though and ripped the tendons in his previous owners hand because he told him to get off the couch. He has also growled at a good few people who have tried to get him off their bed.

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

No; you aren't over reacting - you gave specific instructions which were ignored :mad: :mad:.

6. rottie

rottie PetForums Senior

I agree :thumbup1:

7. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

When my dogs go to my friends house they do get spoilt and allowed to do different things not all of which would be my rules BUT my friend is kind enough to look after them, and they seem to realise that they are the rules at that house..

BUT.. the big thing is none of these things are biggies to me nor do they have any real detrimental effect on the dogs so I don't mind.

I think this case is different because allowing this and not listening to you could have quite a consequence wiht someone getting bitten.. people do like to think they know better, but you would hate for them to learn the hard way.

Its no one elses business if they think you are getting over cross - they probably don't know the full story.

8. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Fractional over reaction I think. But then your OH is daft if he allowed a dog to do something that could have caused him to get bitten!!!

9. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It is up to you whether you let him look after the dog again. But his house his rules is how I would look at it unless he did something silly like letting the dog out on the road. I am always grateful if someone offers to look after my dogs and I put up with them not being looked after exactly as I would. Equally, if I am looking after someone elses dog it has to fit in with my rules.

10. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

I don't think you are over reacting at all, your instructions were ignored luckily pooch didn't bite :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice