Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

am I over feeding my kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Bellini, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Bellini

Bellini PetForums Member

Millie is 12 weeks and she has a pouch and a half (in 3 or 4 meals spread throughout the day) of Purely by Pets at Home plus some dry kibbles that she grazes on.

Is this too much? The pack says 2-3 pouches per day but that does seem too much.

She eats it all over the 24hr period as well as a good portion of the dry.

My other post was about her vomiting... I wonder if I am over feeding her? Do cats stop eating when full or will she just eat and eat?

Thanks for any replies. Bellini xxx

2. Number 1

Number 1 PetForums Member

Up until the point of neutering don't worry about over feeding. They are growing and go through some quick and some slower spurts so it will probably vary.

Your kitten may be wolfing down their food though. One of mine has vommed due to getting overexcited about boiled chicken. He sometimes also gets hiccups.

Kittens want small and often feeding so maybe half the pouch, pop it in the fridge and a few hours later the other half. Obviously work patterns, etc may not allow for very even feeding but you get the idea.

3. Kimbolina

Kimbolina Banned

Yeh mine were eating loadz thats y im gettin rid

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Kittens / Cats wont usually overeat as opposed to dogs who will make themselves sick by pigging! lol

I agree, its probably cos she is eating too fast.

5. spiffy

spiffy PetForums Junior

I feed my kitten a pouch a day, dividing it into 4 feeds a day. Kittens wolf their food down. Mine seems to have a bottomless stomach. Hehe.

6. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

My kitten has a pouch of high life per day and nibbles on royal canin throughout the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice