Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

am I on the right tracks....?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by waggingwhippet, Aug 22, 2013.

1. waggingwhippet

waggingwhippet PetForums Newbie

Hello all

I have a puppy who has wonderfully (!) firm, dark stools when on chicken and rice. As soon as I introduce her regular food (Burgess sensitive turkey and rice) she gets diarrohea.

Having read various threads about people in similar positions to mine and taking the advice on there I note that I could try a food with one protein and a higher meat content.

I have looked at the Burgess ingredients and it is 14% turkey and some salmon (10%) is also in there. so, not my single protein source!

am I on the right tracks here?

For example, applaws chicken is 75% chicken (but no rice), Nature's harvest is 71 % chicken, James well beloved is turkey only (26 %)...all single protein source (i.e. not mixed with another meat/fish)

Do you think that is what the advice is getting at?

Many thanks

WW

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice