Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am I just being an old misery????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by simplysardonic, May 31, 2010.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

On Saturday night at 10.15pm there was a series of colossal, & I mean colossal, bangs, it sounded like someone was using a wrecking ball to demolish the house:eek:
    Turned out to be the caravan club who are parked on the high school field for the half term were having a drunken fireworks display
    It only went on for 5 minutes but it woke up my children, the dogs went absolutely mental (they aren't usually that upset on bonfire night, this is how loud these things were) & my cats were flying around the house so puffed up with fur standing on end they looked double their normal size:mad:
    My OH thinks I'm overreacting but I want to complain to someone about it, I think that much noise, even for a few minutes, is totally out of order. At the same time I know I wouldn't feel nearly as incensed about it if the animals hadn't been so upset. I'm not sure where to start, probably with the council & maybe the school once half term's over

2. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

They shouldn't be making that much noise but people will sady :( Council probably, prehaps the non emergancy police line to move them on.

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Nothing you can do I don't think :( I think it has to be 11pm before you can complain x

4. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Well if they're gunna be there all week, perhaps have a quiet word with the orginizers and explain about the animals, they might just not have been thinking and stop with the banging:eek:

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

thanks for the link, I might go & have a word with them tomorrow if I'm less stressed & point out the bit about unnecessary suffering to animals. I think it would have been polite on their behalf to inform the local residents so we could make sure our windows etc were shut & our animals safely indoors

6. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

I don't think your overreacting either :( I hate fireworks at the best of times, let alone when there is no real seasonal need! Can't stand how they go from halloween to after new years where we are, it's unfair and inconsiderate.... Constantly on edge wondering if it will set Max epilepsy off :(

7. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

aww poor boy:( I think they're a pointless waste of money

8. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

So do I :( good luck with whatever happens.... I'd give the council a ring, they may be able to advise :)

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Your not an old misery :) xxxx ...............................sometimes ;)
    nah they should have warned the local neighbourhood of the banging, it could have startled an elder person enough to induce a heart attack. It was inconsiderate and they need to be told that :)

10. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

On a Saturday night, at that time, I don't think i'd be too bothered.

11. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

It wasn't me I was bothered about, it was my animals reaction that upset me, took us ages to settle then again

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If they are going to be there all week and are going to be letting off fireworks at night times, then I would go and have a word with them or the police, after all you have to live there and be expected to put up with this, it is not fair on your dogs, their hearing is much higher than humans so it must of been really bad for them poor things.

13. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

thanks for the advice everyone, I've spoken to Environmental Health & it wasn't the people we thought it was, it was a party at the village hall (glad I didn't go over & snarl at the wrong people!) but they weren't allowed to let off fireworks as it's not permitted there but did it anyway. They are going to get a written warning. Apparently there were a lot of complaints from residents so it's not just me being a moaner lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice