Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am I doing things right?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kori, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

Hello,

I just wanted to check that I'm doing things right regarding feeding. I had it all planned out before I got the kittens but now we have mummy cat too I am not really sure what to do with feeding different ages.

Molly, Chloe and Casper are used to eating wet and dry food. We gave them some wet food last night and this morning - one pouch for Molly (mummy cat) and another pouch split between the kittens. Once they'd eaten it up, I cleared away their plates and then left one plate of dry food out for them to nibble on during the day. They seem to be sharing this.

There's also a couple of bowls of water out.

Is this enough food for them? We will top up the dry food whenever the plate is empty. Should I be giving them more wet food during the day or is making sure they have access to dry food and water enough?

Also - we had only bought kitten food. Should I buy Molly adult cat food or is she OK on kitten food as she's still feeding?

Kori

#1 Kori, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Wet food can go funny if left out, I find. I prefer to feed one meal of wet & leave out dry all the time.

3. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

That's sort of right then? I'm just giving them 2 wet meals a day and I clear the plates away after 15 mins. Then I leave out dry for the rest of the day.

4. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Sounds ideal to me!

5. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I feed my cats wet in the morning and around 5pm and i leave dry down all day.

Dry is better and if they are hungry they will eat it

6. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

pregnant and feeding queens will benefit from being fed kitten food:)

7. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Sounds like a great feeding regime, it's what I do for my cats.

Also the kitten food will be great for Molly as it will help build her back up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice