Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

am i doing right thing??

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by shoegirl, Aug 9, 2009.

1. shoegirl

shoegirl PetForums Newbie

I’m babysitting this 6 month old cute dog(Yorkshire terrier and Jack Russell mix)She is sweetest thing alive.She is belong to friend of friend of mine,who is bad tempered cow,who asked me to keep dog sleep outside in little kennel over night.Of course dog slept in my bed and become soo much attached to me after 1 week of bond.The bitch will be back in few days time from her holiday and already sent me stroppy sms asking if I follow her instructions and keeping dog in the garden.I lied saying my neighbours complained of dog howling in the garden during night and now dog is sleeping in utility room,she replied saying dog will be in trouble on her return if I spoiled her.I’m already got 3 years old cat who is extremely upset by having dog in his territory. I don’t know what to do?Should I follow owner instructions and be hard on little dog or still continue treat her properly during her stay with me?

2. rona

rona Guest

Your not doing the dog any favours if the owner is going to put her outside to sleep on her return.
    Such a hard one this, I would not have agreed to look after the dog under those terms

#2 rona, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  3. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Two of my dog's sleep outside! they have a kennel each does that make me a bitch then:confused:

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

I have to agree with Rona on this one!! Its not fair also on the dog either to be messed around like that..

5. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

I'm a little concerned as to why she wants it kept outside for? Even as far as texting you to ask if it's sleeping outside.

Dogs belong in the house, not the garden. That being said, as others have said, you aren't doing the dog any favours really BUT there is no way I could have let the dog sleep outside

6. Badger's Mum

Two of my dog's live out at night, They've just got back from a two hour walk, Both are asleep in the kitchen and will have some breackfast soon! Why does that concern you? my dog's are just as much loved as any indoor dog;)

7. shoegirl

shoegirl PetForums Newbie

You can do whatever you think is right to YOUR dogs.. I didn’t call that bitch a bitch cos she making little dog sleep outside in the garden, she is just general bitch anyway, screaming and stamping her feet at her dog, cos it hyperactive and naughty.. That bitch is not topic of conversation here, all I am concerning about is the dog I am looking after and her wellbeing..

8. Badger's Mum

Is she just in the garden with no kennel?. If she's cruel to the poor little thing report her to the rspca, she wont no it's you. She'll be fine inside while she's with you, My two come to my son's with me and stay inside and they're fine going back out:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice