Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

am i being paranoid?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by staceydawlz, May 4, 2010.

1. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

as most know iv got a new boy marley who isnt dressed i plan to get him done asap tho...now at the moment ellie is lying on the floor on her side and her rib cadge looks like its sticking well out....he has tried to "hump" her before but obviously coz shes not in season or at least theres no signs of her in or previously been in season she hasnt stood for him(i dont want her to trust me!!) am i just being paranoid? would i have seen her stand for him by now and if she was in season would they be at it all the time?

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

if she's had a silent season, she may well have been mated. i guess you are not watching them 24/7 so she could have stood for him at some time.

3. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Has she had a season yet? How old is she? How old is the boy? When did you catch them humping?

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I doubt very much she is pregnant. But i would take her to the vets to check properly. Also you will have to stop him humping her, she could get really cross with it eventually and snap at him.

I would ring your vets now and get him booked in before she does get caught!

5. staceydawlz

ok hes 10 months shes a year, dont know if she has had a season before as i thot she did (tiny specks of blood on floor with no explanation) yes i do keep an eye on them 24/7 can only say when im at work OH watches them and he would never let them mate as he would not be happy if ellie had a litter at this age or unhealth tested etc!!

6. staceydawlz

iv never seen them hump just he tries if you know what i mean and when he does she sits down lol

7. staceydawlz

iv never caught them humping ever not sure bout season but i dont think she is in one now as males have taken no interest in her marleys just a randy teen i think lol

8. staceydawlz

i think im being paranoid....its my worst night mare!! uv have no idea...if it ever hapend i would cry i really would....so im just mega paranoid hes booked in anyway for the 18th xx

9. Shamen

Shamen Guest

if you arn't certain a mating has'nt taken place get her to the vets, shes far too young to risk having puppies not to mention unhealth tested.

how far along could she be if she were pregnant? because you're saying her rib cage is sticking 'well out'

10. staceydawlz

erm 2 weeks at the very most??? i dont think she is like i said it would be my worst nightmare....shes due a vet chek anyway as she needs her next jabs so while im there i will ask about it but i do think im being paranoid as i say when they are together they r in my sight or OH's...if not hes in the kitchen and shes else where x

#10 staceydawlz, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  11. staceydawlz

i know what you are saying as iv said im planning on breeding her to beter the breed not to get mix breed and unhealth tested

12. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Firstly.. take her to the vets and ask them to check her out - they may do a blood test to make sure she isnt in pup and take nessecery actions. Secondly, there are 1000's of lab breeders out there right now and 1000's of puppies and people who show there dogs and better the breed. IMO you are best to have her spayed :) Fair enough if she was a rare breed or a breed with a small genepool.

Good Luckage xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice