Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am I Being Mean?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 25, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Threatening OH of he doesn't put a pile of junk into binbags I wont iron him a shirt for tomorrow :lol: He can't iron.

I have often threatened (jokingly!) OH if he doesnt do something I have asked I won't iron a shirt for the next day.
    Course this doesnt work if I have been on a tidying frenzy and ironed them all! Lol

Anyway I sorted my sons room out to pack the other day and loads of things I threw in a big heap by the door... tatty books, toys with bent bits or buttons missing, jigsaws with bits missing and clothes that were getting outgrown or just looked messy.
    There is about 3 binbags worth there (he has alot of stuff! Lol)

Anyway I said to OH the other day ''seeing as I am doing all the packing, you have one job and its to put all this into binbags'' and he said OK.
    Yes- of course I made sure he wasnt on the xbox or pc when I asked! Lol

So today we find out we should get the keys for the new house tomorrow, and move all the big stuff in the van thurs, OH only day off til sun/mon.

So I reminded him about the rubbish and said I will not iron a shirt for tomorrow unless he does it.

Thing is, I don't think he realises I am deadly serious! He's still playing the xbox and has 'ignored me' when I mentioned it to him. I bet he will say ''I'll do it tomorrow'' but I want it ready so that when the bin men come I can ask them to take some extra stuff.
    I also do NOT want binbags of rubbish hanging around as I have packed some things into binbags too!

2. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

Yep i am with you on this , he should do it , and no way would he get his shirt ironed if he didnt .;)

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

:eek: he is actually going to do the rubbish just now!

Lol he switched off the xbox and said he was going to bed. I replied ''oh well you better get yourself a shirt ironed then if your not going to sort that stuff out'' :lol: his face!

Now I know how to make him do whatever I want :D :thumbup: :lol:

4. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Your lucky, my husband doesn't care, infact I can't remember the last time I ironed a shirt as it all goes in the drier.

5. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

Well done p/g ,:thumbup: it can be very rewarding when we get our men trained, ;) as with dogs food also works quite well , amongst other things .:D

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He works in his dads tailors so he cant really go in with a wrinkly shirt Lol and he refuses to put his work stuff in the dryer it 'ruins' them :rolleyes:

7. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Well done for training him. You'll get there in the end :lol:. Now you have a suitable punishment

8. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

lol. That's exactly the same threat I use.:thumbup:

Unfortunately o/h then threatens to do it himself - mainly because he knows that I'm paranoid about going out and leaving the iron on and I'd be wreck if I thought he might have left it on.

I have even had to come home from work to check that I did turn it off - I think I might have OCD. ;):D

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Well done :thumbup: :lol: just a tip though when I clean out rooms etc I have a garbage bag in the bin and as it fills tie it and its done saves doing it twice ;) :D

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Hey! Get the shirt and throw it at him while he is on the xbox and give him the iron aswell, tell him you are serious as there is ALOT of stuff still to do and it wont do it itself. Dont iron it. You have done all the hard work so far, this house is for the BOTH of you not just you so he should pull his weight. UNPLUG the main socket and tell him the leccy have gone lololol

11. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

sorry he CAN'T iron? how pathetic is he?

it's not rocket surgery, stop doing it for him immediately, if he can't bloody figure that out, he needs to go and buy some non-iron shirts.

when he's out, nick the power adapter from his xbox and take it to your mums/friends.. tell him he won't get it back until he gets of his lazy arse and does his OWN washing/ironing and pulls his weight with the house work, then go out for a relaxing drink with mates. or better still leave a note for him to find on the telly.

12. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

what is it with men??? mine is exactly the same, he let a pile of junk grow in our room till it was practically taking over the floor and i ended up cleaning it. i iron his clothes and he just piled them on the floor and i threatened to throw them all in the bin but nope his championship manager came first and it ended up taking me 5 hours to clean the room when i finally caved :mad:

i don`t think you were being mean at all lol i`d have turned the xbox off for him and removed the fuse till he done what you asked him :lol: glad you got there in the end though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice