Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Am I a convert, or is it a one off?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lorilu, May 16, 2020.

1. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

@lorilu a move I haven't seen mentioned. Make lists! As you say, you know the mechanics of the move and you've gone over it a thousand times. However, during the stress of the move and especially if your girls are upset, you might forget something.
    Make lists for different aspects of the move and tick off as its covered:)
    Wishing you and your girls all the best. Xx

lorilu and TriTri like this.
  2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

So those of you who mentioned changes to appetites or taste buds when taking meds, do meds cause cravings too?

Only, I am still on the pain meds and my gosh my cravings for cake and all sorts is driving me insane. Thankfully I am still sticking to my only as needed trips to the store, plus I am not supposed to drive anyway while taking them, but ugh! Sugar is my drug of choice anyway, though most of the time I can control it and not think about it. But since being on these drugs, I fantasize about cakes and cookies and candy bars day and night! I roam my kitchen staring into cupboards and the fridge (even though I know exactly what is in them) moaning how there is NOTHING TO EAT (other than my usual daily fare), then try to shut up my cravings by eating a big pot of popcorn or three bowls of cheerios with frozen blueberries or too many almonds.

None of it works and then I feel gross, but then I remind myself how much grosser I would feel if I'd eaten a cake or a box of cookies or 10 candy bars hahaha!

I have started tapering off by skipping my middle of the night dose last night and thought it was going to be okay, but it wasn't. Doc feels I should be able to start tapering by the end of this week, but I was hoping to start earlier. She doesn't think I should though. But UGH.

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

When I was about five I had a very bad stomach and the doctor told my Mom not to give me any hot drinks for a few days, I haven't drunk tea since and that was 67 years ago the smell of it turns my stomach :Yuckand very rarely drink coffee.

4. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I dont know about medications but I think it is possible. The gut microbiome and brain are linked so any changes due to ingested medicines may have an effect.

I can empathise with strong sugar cravings. I have an intolerance to brewers and bakers yeast. Before I worked this out I would have variety of stomach and gi tract troubles as my gut reacted to the yeast. One side affect was a strong and continuous craving for anything sweet.

After I worked out I had a bakers/brewers yeast intolerance by trial and error and cut out everything with it in my sugar craving immediately vanished.

Hope you feel better and can come off the meds soon.

lorilu likes this.
  5. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

Hi lorilu
    It could just be a way of releasing stress. Moving house has to be stressful. Far better than turning to alcohol or drugs, or turning to violence etc:eek: :D. My guess is It will last a few weeks, then disappear.

lorilu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice