UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to go on my jollys to New York and saved bloody hard for it for a year and hurricane sandy is expected to hit maybe tues or wed i travel out there on thursday i just hope i go go on holiday :(
i hope it goes out to sea in all honesty then east coast stay safe :(

G

·
Well I for one am keeping everything crossed for all my friends in it's path, so here's hoping it dosn't disrupt your hols either!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I would get in touch with your travel agent or flight company and see what arrangements they are making. You might be able to postpone it.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Sky news are showing a ba breaking news that they are starting to cancel flight.

You really need to contact your travel agent tomorrow and see what they are saying

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
The NWS is predicting fairly normal weather by Wednesday for the New York City area. In storms like hurricanes, electricity can be lost for weeks. It's especially so in rural areas. You might find some places that still have no power.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...ite=all&smap=1&searchresult=New York, NY, USA

You can search for the weather for any place from the link above.

Predictions for the hurricane.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/030345.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
The hurricane got slightly stronger since last night. Crazy that New York and New Jersey are getting hit again after Irene last year. I can see some sensationalism with the news articles about Sandy.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
no flights leaving JFK till atleast friday not sure about going in
TBH would anyone want to go on holiday to NY the day after a hurricane has hit even if the danger has passed! It will be in turmoil just cleaning up the debris!

·
Registered
436 Posts
TBH would anyone want to go on holiday to NY the day after a hurricane has hit even if the danger has passed! It will be in turmoil just cleaning up the debris!
if his flight is still going out he wont have a claim but if its cancelled he might have an insurance claim, but this is an "act of god" so insurance might not pay out:nono::nono:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.