UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I'm working from home Now and feel like I'm slowly ballooning in weight! I am a dog walker and home day carer, so whilst I would happily blame it all on my muscles growing from all the walking, I know that snuggling at home with puppies is a big problem for me!! I always feel hungry when I know it is just because I'm bored - when the dogs are all asleep I catch up on paper work etc but my brain and tummy are constantly thinking of food. Anyone got any tips for avoiding the munchies - or even things that are yummy and i can snack on instead of crisps, choc etc? I am not a lover of fruit, I sometimes enjoy a fruit salad but nobody eats it in our house so it all tends to go off very quickly. I really haven't got the will power to go on a full blown diet and don't feel I need to yet - but could be there soon if I don't pack it in!! Eek!

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Make delicious smoothies! :thumbsup: And I know you said you didn't want to change your diet, but my advice is to cut back on sugar. :)
If you make smoothies, does that bllitz fruit?

If i remember right with slimming world, any blitzing/pureeing of fruit is a no no as it releases the sugar, however, you can eat as much raw (within reason etc grapes) as you want.

For a snack - and i have it every day to crave my sweet tooth.

I buy the hartleys low calorie sugar free jelly, its two sachets in a pack, each sachet makes a pint, i thunk if you split it into 4, it works out about 8 calories. Dollop a big spoonful of light choices fromage frais on top, you got a really nice dessert to crave any sweetness - you can add a bit of chopped fruit or museli on top. And it propbably works out no more than 15 calories

Yum yum .........

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all!

That's a real shame about the fruit in smoothies releasing sugar. Don't like fruit much but love a smoothie - work that out eh?

I'm not a lover of raisins or nuts at all but I do like apricots etc dried (MORE fruit? Contradictive aren't I!!) so maybe I should try that. HAS to be better than crisps etc.

I'm willing to alter my diet just didnt wanna join weight watchers or something... I would never be able to count calories etc or id get depressed an end up having a massive blow out feast haha. I am awful, if I know I can't eat something, I will damn well go and eat it!!

Will try the jelly!! I love jelly and it doesn't feel like a diet food at all.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
everytime you think you are hungry drink a glass of water, we often mistake thurst for hunger. I also drink green tea, or low cal hot chocolate the warmth is nice and takes my mind away from snacking on sweets and rubbish.

·
Registered
978 Posts
everytime you think you are hungry drink a glass of water, we often mistake thurst for hunger. I also drink green tea, or low cal hot chocolate the warmth is nice and takes my mind away from snacking on sweets and rubbish.
I might try the water myself, thanks :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.