Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Always 6 months between seasons?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Pug_D, May 22, 2010.

1. Pug_D

Pug_D PetForums VIP

Lily is due her next season begining of August, but do I need to keep my eye out earlier just in case?

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Yes, they don't all have six month cycles, some have irregular cycles as well.

3. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Mine have varied between 6 months regular, 9 months regualr and my wolfies have been very irregular.

4. Pug_D

Pug_D PetForums VIP

Thankyou, I assumed so.

Is she more likely to have longer cycles than shorter?

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Amber came into season atthe end of july last year and still hasn't had another and is showing no signs of coming in either. They do say bitches bring each other into season but all my other bitches have had 1 season since Amber had hers Freyja is having her 2nd season but nothing with Amber. Her sister Anni who lives in Cumbria has had 3 seasons they are 2 years old.

6. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Hi
    My golden retriever had her first at 11 months, then 9months then her last one which we bred her on she had us hanging on for a year!!!
    pups due in 5 days!!!

7. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

That's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. My eldest bitch had her first season at 9 months, one daughter at 7 months, the other daughter at 12 months, Mother cycles every 5 months, daughter one, 6 months, other daughter 9 months.

My other bitch had her first season at 15 months, and cycles between 9 and 12 months. ;)

8. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Maise seasons about every 9-10 months, but has gone 11.5 months before, she still went on to have a healthly litter even tho her seasons are all over the place:thumbup: Daisy her puppy is in season now.... bang on 6 months!! but her litter sisters haven't seasoned yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice