Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alternatives to walkers/day care

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Frollie, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Frollie

Frollie PetForums Senior

I'm going back to uni next week and really want to find some kind of weekday care for Ollie. I've spent a lot of time recently looking but not having much luck. The dog walkers I'd decided on pulled out last minute and I've not found an alternative that I trust. Also had a look at a few different day cares but the biggest problem with those is that I don't think he'd like been around 15 - 20 dogs who are most likely bigger than him for hours on end. He also doesn't really like being dirty which would be inevitable with so many dogs playing together.
    Mostly he just likes company so I think the ideal would be a pet sitter who could have him in their home with maybe another dog. We know a nice old couple who've taken care of him before and I was hoping we could make it a regular thing but they've just taken in a rescue who's very snappy with other dogs, so that's no longer viable. :(

I'm at my wick's end now, really. Is there anywhere to look for pet sitters? And how can you be sure they're trustworthy? I really want to get something sorted for him but I also have to be 100% confident with them and things aren't looking good.

It would make things so much easier for me if I managed to sort things out for him. Going back to uni is going to be hard enough on me both physically and mentally and if I'm not ridiculously stressed about Ollie, it'll be easier for me to cope.

Any advice? :(

2. Howl

Howl PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice