Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alternative To Naturediet

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by silverbeetle, Nov 24, 2014.

1. silverbeetle

silverbeetle PetForums Member

I have been feeding Freddie on Naturediet Turkey and Rabbit for the past few years with no problems at all but he does not like the new formula so I have been looking for an alternative.

I tried him on Barking Heads Salmon flavour which he really liked and so I changed him over gradually. I introduced their lamb flavour too. Initially we had no problems but gradually we have found he now has terrible wind and sloppy poos.

I think the salmon and lamb is maybe too rich for his tummy? I think I need to try a turkey based food instead. He cannot have any form of chicken as this gives him a terrible upset tummy.

I wondered if anyone can recommend a turkey based wet food as an alternative to the Naturediet?

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I do not like chopping and changing his food but really need to get his tummy settled back down again.

Many thanks for any help and advice.

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Wainwrights do a turkey one - both in 'normal' version and grain free :)
    Natures Harvest and Lovejoys too

#2 BlueJay, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  3. bigdogworld

bigdogworld PetForums Member

I'd recommend Nature's Menu:
    Natures Menu - Turkey and Chicken

We stopped selling Naturediet when they changed the packaging recently and we had a few reports of poor quality control. No such problems so far with Nature's Menu :)

Neil.

4. Born2BWild

Born2BWild PetForums Senior

Natures Harvest, Forthglade Lifestages, Wainwrights, Wainwrights Grain Free, Fishmongers Finest :) x

5. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

2nd for Wainwrights

If you have a Tesco near, they sell this Naturo Senior Turkey Rice & Vegetable 400G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

I wouldn't worry if it says Senior and would happily feed to any dog

Maisie has the Salmon & Rice one which is also good and must be pretty gentle on their tummy (hers is awful!) - Lamb can cause upsets as it is quite rich so that may be the culprit!

6. Fluffster

Fluffster Crazy for cockers

I switched Belle onto Forthglade after the NatureDiet problems. She also has Cambrian which Berriewoods sell in bulk for cheaply.

7. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

Naturo is great. Both my dogs love it!. The salmon one is very easy to mash up, I've also never had any trouble opening them. They also do grain free trays.

Wainwrights grain free trays gave Holly the runs and the farts!.

8. spots

spots PetForums Senior

My dog has issues with lamb and fish too.
    She's been great on the naturediet puppy turkey (somebody may know better but I don't think the formula is inappropriate to give to an adult dog), wainwrights turkey and naturo (senior) turkey.
    The naturo is a little pricier when not on offer but apparently it's significantly more yummy! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice