Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Almost back!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lumboo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Lumboo

Lumboo PetForums VIP

OK, so I have no internet at home, but that is what work is for ;)

The move went well and I am offically no longer a Londoner!!!!

I feel like I am living in a hotel; the new place is so fantastic. The removal guys (Pickfords) are highly recommended as they were so great when it came to doing everything and understanding about the Furbies needs. All instructions were followed with no effort on my part and they even suggested settling in instructions.

The Furbies were fine during the drive to MK, and were super chilled out. I felt quite sorry for them as for the first few days I had to keep changing the location of their litter tray, but bless them, we had no accidents and they have settled in really well.

Initially they were cautious about going down the stairs but now they love racing up and down. Wilbur treats the rounded steps as another sleep post so we often have to step over him. There are loads of deep window ledges for them to rest on and they just seem very content.

In the evenings they still cuddle up on the cat tree, but now have found their own preferred sleep spots too. Its just as well they respond to their names as I often don't have a clue where they are until I call them.

I was followed around a lot last week and Oscar became very vocal, so I knew they needed a bit of reassurance at times. I spent a lot of time unpacking with Oscar on my shoulders. :rolleyes:

I basically restricted them to one room for a few hours on day one, and then slowly let them explore in their own time. I didn't clean any of their things the week before or last week so their familiar smells would be around and I think this helped.

So in a nutshell, three happy humans, one happy fish and two excitable and content Furbies. :D

[can't find my camera either so no photos until I can be bothered to sort through the remaining boxes.....ah, the joy of having a spare room I don't have to deal with....]

x

2. Mummy of Jaffe Joffer

Mummy of Jaffe Joffer PetForums VIP

That all sounds really positive!! Especially considering moves can be so stressful for everybody. I'm glad the move went so well :D

#2 Mummy of Jaffe Joffer, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

It sounds as if the move went very smoothly and everyone is settling happily into their new home :thumbup:
    Hurry up and sort out that camera and get your home broadband sorted - we need to see piccies :D

4. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Glad the move went well :D

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

:thumbsup:Great news,sounds like everything went to plan :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice