Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

allergic reaction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by moi2010, Jun 2, 2010.

1. moi2010

moi2010 PetForums Junior

what symptoms do you get from an allergic reaction for shellfish?

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i heard the worse cases grown shells on their backs as homes!! :scared:

Symptoms:
    The most common symptoms of shellfish allergy are hives (urticaria) and major redness and swelling below the skin (angioedema). Shellfish allergies are a major cause of anaphylactic shock.

Google Shelfish Allergy symptoms and theres lots of links on it :)

hope your ok??

EDIT: http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/food_allergy.html that seems like a good link

#2 vickie1985, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. moi2010

moi2010 PetForums Junior

hi i have recently started eating crabmeat, a couple of days after i had very bad rash on my face i woke up next day my face was covered in a rash, but it was really irritating i looked like a lobster lol then i started using nivea it didnt do anything i then had e45 i woke up next day my face was swollen is it normal to have it on the face? my face is still puffy and full of dry skin now after using sudacream.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

You are rotting slowing Claire lolol Hello daughter of mine, how is the rash now is it slowly going or is it about the same

5. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Did you eat it once, then have the reaction 2 days later?

Wouldn't have thought it would be the crab if that was the case.......I could be wrong though.....Did you do anything else different? New shower gel/shampoo? Visited a new place? Ate something the night before the reaction?

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If you still got it then I would make an appointment with our doctor and he will give you some anti histamine (SP) ointment to apply.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice