Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

All this talk of new puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bird, Jun 23, 2009.

1. bird

bird PetForums VIP

It got me thinking of the first time Arnie came home, he was so shy he hardly moved out of his basket for 2/3 days everything was new and needed exploring. Also where did his soft feet go when he first came here his pads were soft and unblemished, now they're hardened and look like a fingerprint. :( anyone else feeling reminisant.

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh I certainly miss my little fluff ball

I remember the first night she came home, she cried to come sleep on our bed and we settled her on a beanbag, I remember taking her out underneath my coat so she would get used to noises and I remember the excitement when her ears started to straighten

She's still a pup but she's so big she barely looks like one anymore

8 weeks and now

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:
    • 032.jpg
      032.jpg
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
  3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I remember when I brought Dixie home and carried her about in a sling I made from an old sheet for the first few weeks til she had her jabs, and peoples surprised look when they saw her little face poking out of my jacket, while the 3 other dogs ran about like loonies and she just watched them, her tiny ears moving all the time and her nose twitching.
    And bringing her out to the car to meet my mum, who had no idea, I asked her to shut her eyes and put Dixie's face in her hands :)

With Dave it was different, he was there right from the moment he was born, so I never got that new puppy feeling like I did with Dixie, but it is amazing to be able to reply to the question 'how long have you had him?' with ''since the moment he was born''

xx

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I wish I'd been there for Sky's birth, I would have loved it. As soon as I saw her I knew she was the one for me ooof I love my baby!!

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Henrick is 10 months now so looks nothing like a puppy but he acts so much like a giant puppy that I am not feeling reminiscent for his puppyhood yet.
    Baby Henrick
    [​IMG]

Big Baby Henrick
    [​IMG]

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Didn't you just love the curled ears stage :D And when they started to straighten but weren't quite there

Attached Files:

• 031.jpg
      031.jpg
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
  7. thedogsmother

I like it best when they have one up and one down, they look so lopsided :D.

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Me too, it was a nervous time for me I was worried the other one wouldn't go up and when it did the other one flopped!!

9. thedogsmother

Typical:D.

10. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

My friend picked up 2 White German Shepherds yesterday, I'm going to see them this morning!

11. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

OMG How exciting!! Make sure you send us piccies!!

12. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Will do! I hope they've settled in enough to visit today, I don't want to have to wait till Friday! Although it's going to make me even more excited about getting Bramble on Saturday.

I'm interested to see how they are as pups, she got her last one when he was 5 as a rescue, so was already pretty mature (although quite poorly trained) I only have experience of Labrador puppies.

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aww I can't wait to see pics :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice