Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alizin

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by jackdaw, Dec 20, 2020.

1. jackdaw

jackdaw PetForums Newbie

Hi, have any of you had to give your dog Alizin to terminate a pregnancy... were there any problems?

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I've never gone the alizin route, but it can be hard on a bitch yes. The earlier you give it the better.
    Personally, if you were going to spay the bitch anyway, and it's shortly after the mating, I'd opt for a spay.
    My bitch had an in-season spay and sailed through it no problem. Bitches with pyo get spayed all the time and do fine.
    In-season spays are done routinely in shelters and rescues here in the US and it's considered a very safe procedure.

3. jackdaw

jackdaw PetForums Newbie

4. jackdaw

jackdaw PetForums Newbie

In what way is it hard on them, my 8 mth old future breeding bitch got caught by mistake?

5. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

It's a hormone dump. I've had mares get a mismate injection and it made them uncomfortable and irritable. I would imagine it's the same with dogs. But again, the sooner you give it, the better.

I assume you're taking precautions for this mistake to not happen again?

6. jackdaw

jackdaw PetForums Newbie

Of course

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice