Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ali Weight loss pill.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pixi, May 13, 2010.

1. Pixi

Pixi PetForums Junior

Has anyone tried it?

I've been battling with my weight ever since I was 15, I'm now 20. I'm 5ft 7.
    I went to weight watchers meetings when I was 16 and Nan paied and came with me, we done it together, I managed to loose 2 and a half stone. then nan couldnt go anymore because of opertions, so i didnt go.

When I was 18 I was living on my own in a foyer and I lost a shed load of weight, It was the thinnest I've ever been. I got down to wearing size 12 tops and 14 bottoms. I never knew how much I weighed because I did'nt have scales.

Now I've put on a huge amount of weight. I'm now geting in size 18 :( It's really depressing me. I refuse to wear trousers/shorts. I'm constantly living on leggins, tights, dresses.

I've started to take up swimming (the only form of exercize i feel combertable with), I swam 7 and a half miles last week. I've only done 2 miles this week, lack of money.

Anyway, getting to the point. I went for a operation in Jan 2010, and got told my BMI was 31. I'm now guessing it'ts about 32 now. I'm really scared of weighing myself :(

I've been looking into Ali, I've not known anyone who's had an experience with it before. I know you can now get it at local pharmacys for about £35 - 40 for a month's worth.

I'm a part time student on JSA. I have bearly £40 a week to live off. And I honestly cant afford it.

Do you recon if I went to my doctor they will fund it for me? bearing in mind my BMI?

2. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Never had it, but if you take it you HAVE to stick to a healthy diet. The side effects alone put me off taking it.

Have you spoken to your doctor about it - i think you'd have to prove you'd tried to lose weight through sensible eating and exercise first.

I'd advise you keep a food diary and try and see where you could improve things before relying on something such as Alli. There are great sites out there for working out how many calories you should aim for a day along with recipe ideas and diet plans.

(i know i know i'm one to talk i'm about to go on slim fast but just wanted to add my 2 cents)

Good luck and I hope you succeed with weight loss.

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

The way these pills work is to stop you absorbing certain fats.
    So unless you avoid eating them (which is what makes you loose weight) you end up with uncontrollable diarrhea.
    I personally wouldn't take them.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I have taken Zenicle which is the same thing. if you go to your doctors he will wiegh you and ask you some quiestions and then may prescribe them for you, I was prescribed Zenicle same as Ali. BUT BE AWARE, if you work and you eat ANYTHING with fat in it, then you will be running to the loo, and when I say running then I MEAN jet propelled, it is fast working on the system. The accidents you can have by not getting to the loo in time is not a pretty sight. When you got to go then YOU GOT TO GO. So you have to eat a healthy diet when on them you just cant eat anything you want to. Dont correctly it works. I lost 2 stone from them. but was ill at one point (nothing to do with the Zenicle) and had to come off them.

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

i went to the dr and got put on omeprazole. its the pescribed form of alli and side effects arent that nice if you dont stick to a REALLY low fat diet.

6. metame

metame PetForums VIP

you made it to the loo?!

7. Pixi

Pixi PetForums Junior

Talking about slimfast. I may just try that for 6 week's before I go to doctors. I havnt actually tried slimfast yet. Good luck with Slimfast :)

Yeah I've read about sideaffects. and personally, I think that would sorta be a discipline for me. Sorta like, my body saying 'BAD KIM! EAT THAT AND YOU WILL BE ON THAT LOO FOR THE NEXT 5 MIN'S OR SH*T IN YOUR KNICKERS .. NOW WE DON'T WANT THAT DO WE?' ^_^

8. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Good luck with what you chose - but even with slim fast, you need to educate yourself at the same time about whats good and bad.

To lose 1lb of fat you need to burn 3500 extra calories on top of what you burn naturally just being alive. to put on weight you need to eat 3500 extra calories. So if you lose the weight on alli or slim fast, its only going to stay off if you make sure you don't take in more calories than your body needs to survive otherwise you'll get back to square one.

9. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Sorry but that made me laugh :) SH*T IN YOUR KNICKERS lol

Good luck with whatever you do, im the same although prob slightly more overweight, im 5.2" and in a size 20 , about a year ago i was a 14 :( Its willpower for me as i just LOVE chocolate, i didloose a stone in feb and march but i must haveput that back on in april easy, Its difficult,

I found i ust needed to eat regular meals and cut out the white bread,

Good luck with whatever you do, i know how hard it is xx

10. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

my friend went to see her doctor and he gave her some right good tabs, shes lost 4 stone in 6 months! the 1st stone just fell off, and it has slowed down, but well worth it. Dont bother with counter tabs, vist your doctor and do it the right way :)

11. Rick

Rick PetForums VIP

I heard somewhere (some documentary I think) that if you eat some dairy product with each meal, more of the fat that is in the food that you eat will simply pass through you.

I'll do a bit of googling and will update if I can find anything concrete.

12. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Before trying these tablets, take a long hard look at what you're eating (food diary). Yes we all need treats, hence the off day (usually saturdays for me). Also try walking everywhere only do it as fast as you can, speed walking is free and helps to shift the pounds if done everyday. ;)

13. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

I lose 1 stone 4lb using Alli - u have to be really strict with your self and eat less than 10g of fat per meal, no cheese etc...

14. Pixi

Pixi PetForums Junior

Thank's for all your replys guys :)

H0lly:
    Blame easter and it's damn easter egg's! ;) My downfall is chip's, bird's eye chicken, pizza's, (wholegrain) pasta, jacket spudd :scared: .. Typing it out now ... dear god. But I do try to have my 5 a day *ahemn* more like 2 -3.. Always have salad with my meals. Then again, saying that, I might as well mooch off to maccy d's and get a quater pounder with cheese meal and then say 'ill have a diet coke ... im on a diet' pahaha.

vickie1985:
    I'll give my doctor's a call in the morning, It's absolout hell trying to get a appointment, the line open's at 8am, with only 1 person answering. your sat there trying to redial for about 45 min's, then get told there are no appointments left! :mad:

Rick:
    I've heard that aswell, I usually drink red top milk with my meal's anyway. Ovbiously it dosnt work, or maybe you have to drink gallons of it? :confused1:

bird:
    Well I used to cycle everywhere. often i'll cycle to my friends which is 3 miles there and 3 miles back. But my beautiful bike is in halfords getting fixed, so walking is my only option at the moment!

RachyBobs:
    No cheese? :eek: Damn. not even a wee slice?

15. Rick

Rick PetForums VIP

weight loss and dairy
    BBC - Science & Nature - The Dairy Diet

16. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I thought you was a skinny minny?
    Dont you have to have a BMI of over 30 to get alli?
    xxx:)

17. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I think i'd rather be fat then poop my pants in public lol i have enough issues with bodily functions with out the need of that :eek:

Im using the wii at the moment, My mii looks like a flippin weeble :eek: im 5'4 and a big girl, I walk everywhere But have bad hips and knees. and last week fell down the stairs so now my coccyx hurts like a mother ****** but im still trying.

Losing weight is hard My docs wont give you pills at all, they send you to a dietion and you keep a food diary and they tell you off and make you feel about 2in tall which is always good if your feeling down isnt it?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice