Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alfs first full combing

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bird, Jun 29, 2010.

1. bird

bird PetForums VIP

without a grump. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    OK I know he's been here since september. But he is/was absolutely petrified of anyone touching him from midrib to back end. Brushing him has been an absolute nightmare. :( We have managed to touch his back end a fair bit in the past few months without the spaced out look or a grump, But today I've given him a full combing without a grump. OK his eyes were a bit spacey but WE DID IT. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Hopefully this means the poor boy has now totally and completed accepted us, and realises we're not going to hurt him. Oh we can now also stroke/touch his nose too. :D

2. rona

rona Guest

It's something special when they trust you isn't it?
    Well done

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I'm just hoping that we've finally got round the last bend so to speak. I would never have thought he was a wreck going from the spec off the rescue or even off the first couple of days/week that he came to live with us. Obviously we noticed bits but didnt realise how deep set these fears were. He's stopped hiding away outside walks and playtime too, and is currently lay at my feet. :D

4. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Well done you :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice