UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been at the vets this morning, Alfiie woke me up in the night at 1 am so I thought it may be his tummy, popped him out but no he just did a few wee's but he wouldn't settle all night and was panting awfully, no pain in the stomach etc (checked for bloating symptoms) but he was quite manic and he would run around like a donkey kick at times.:(

Well he woke up wanting to eat and go for a walk but he was still a bit manic at times so I took him in and he has a temp.:( The thing is he isn't sleepy like all the others were with one, he won't stop trying to play.

He's such a worry.

On a positive note the vet said he couldn't be in better condition and said his muscle tone was really excellent and an A*, so at least there was that.

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Poor Alfie; hope he settles soon and is on the mend - Kilo sends a ridgie shoulder barge (a gentle one!).

It is lovely to be told your dog is in great condition too; bet you are proud of that :).

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor Alfie; hope he settles soon and is on the mend - Kilo sends a ridgie shoulder barge (a gentle one!).

It is lovely to be told your dog is in great condition too; bet you are proud of that :).
Thank you, his finally sleeping, feel like i'm going to too!

Yes he was very happy with his muscle and condition but he runs so much i cant imagine him being overweight!! Im sure he is part border collie!

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well he's had his lunch and he is quite calm so hopefully the meds are kicking in.

He isn't happy as he hasn't had his walk and the vet said only a small amount of exercise for a few days so he won't be happy with that!

All this on what would have been my Billy's 16th birthday. Really bad day.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Poor Alfie, I hope he perks up and is back to normal soon. It's not nice when we know they're just not well but can't put a finger on what's wrong.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Poor ill guy, awful when you know something's not right with them. Good to hear he's well stacked, lol :D must be a right little active boy to build up such good muscle.

Lots of get well wishes from all here and gentle hugs of course. xx

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's been resting all afternoon, good thing as he can try and sleep it off hopefully.

Malmum, he just loves his walks and a run, he gallops everywhere when he's playing or bounces!!:rolleyes: Sometimes he doesn't want to sit down.

Most of my roughs have been a bit lazy, especially around the house but alfie is so active he just loves it. Life seems to be a game.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Aw my poor fave boy Alfie, hope he is better soon, has he had a poo yet, maybe he is bunged up?

Big sloppy fluffy kisses from me & a tail flick from Tilly x

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aw my poor fave boy Alfie, hope he is better soon, has he had a poo yet, maybe he is bunged up?

Big sloppy fluffy kisses from me & a tail flick from Tilly x
Awwww Alfie says thank you!!!:eek:

Yes he has been now, right after he left the vet, I think the thermometer moved things along.

He is acting like such a baby he keeps snuggling himself up, at least he is resting though, he's just so quiet!

Alfie would send you a kiss but he doesn't want to spread his germs so he gives a big bear hug instead!!!:)

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Been at the vets this morning, Alfiie woke me up in the night at 1 am so I thought it may be his tummy, popped him out but no he just did a few wee's but he wouldn't settle all night and was panting awfully, no pain in the stomach etc (checked for bloating symptoms) but he was quite manic and he would run around like a donkey kick at times.:(

Well he woke up wanting to eat and go for a walk but he was still a bit manic at times so I took him in and he has a temp.:( The thing is he isn't sleepy like all the others were with one, he won't stop trying to play.

He's such a worry.

On a positive note the vet said he couldn't be in better condition and said his muscle tone was really excellent and an A*, so at least there was that.
So glad that it wasnt nothing too bad to worry about, hope he is feeling better and back to his old self soon, although he doesnt sound to be taking it easy at the moment either.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So glad that it wasnt nothing too bad to worry about, hope he is feeling better and back to his old self soon, although he doesnt sound to be taking it easy at the moment either.
Thanks, hopefully it will clear with his jab and he has 2 days of doggy ibuprofen.

He has thankfully been resting the whole afternoon which is good for us both. So strange to see him so quite though.:(

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Aww! Get well soon Alfie.

We all need to be a bit manic at times!:001_tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.