Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alfie

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by SamanthaGoosey, Apr 7, 2013.

1. SamanthaGoosey

SamanthaGoosey PetForums VIP

I recently lost one of the most incredible cats, he was nicer than most humans, he was always there for me and came to cuddle with me in the mornings before school. Nothing and nobody will ever replace him, but I just wanted to share some memories of him with you.

We had quite a few unspayed moggies round our neighbourhood, Alfie's granddad was a ginger tabby, his grandma was a black and white bicolour (she looked like Mrs K) and his mum was a black and white bicolour, Rockstar.

He was born during my GCSEs, Rockstar was up all night in labour and mum sent me to bed for my exam in the morning, before I left for school I went to go check on Rockstar and she was nursing a very large ginger tabby kitten, I was in total shock! I fell head over heels for him very quickly.

[​IMG]

He was a very playful kitten, when I was on my PC he'd run around my desk and his mum had a lot of trust in me so I was basically his second mum. He lived in my room until he was 9 weeks old and then was introduced to the rest of the house, I'd always find him back in my room though :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At night, he would sit on the landing outside my room making chirrup noises until I opened the door and called him in, he'd immediately run up to my bed and snuggle with me. He'd like me to put my arm like this so he can wrap himself around it...

[​IMG]

I was concerned we'd lose the closeness when I moved out two years ago, but my first christmas back, I was back in my old room and he came straight in and slept with me all night, I couldn't believe it. I was so happy after that, our relationship was just as strong.

No matter how big he got though, he'd always made sure me and his mum, Rockstar knew he loved us. Rockstar was spayed but still comes on heat as the vet could only find one ovary and one uterus! But he always fought off the tom cats that came around sniffing his mum. They'd spend hours together in the back garden just sunbathing and grooming each other, never seen a closer bond, they'd even share food!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He had some very funny quirks too, when my dad got back from the shops he'd pad the bags in order to see if he bought him some food. He was very close with my mum's dog, Molly, and whenever my mum left sausages out, he'd knock one down for Molly and his mum, then take one for himself. He was so cheeky but we loved him to bits.

[​IMG]

My last Christmas with him...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alfie with his mum...

[​IMG]

One of the last things I remember saying to Alfie was that I loved him and kissed him on the head. My OH's last memory of Alfie was of him eating his rice :p typical greedy Alfie! He was an angel who will now get his wings.

Thank you to Jiskefet for this lovely memorial...

[​IMG]

#1 SamanthaGoosey, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. ljs85

ljs85 PetForums VIP

Oh he was such a handsome chappy. Sleep tight Alfie.

3. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

a beautiful tribute to a beautiful Alfie.
    RIP Alfie - gone but never forgotten xx

4. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

Run free at the bridge gorgeous Alfie.
    You were very much loved and very much missed x

5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Beautiful, beautiful boy - it's always awful to lose one so young and so suddenly, especially when you share a really close bond like that :(

RIP gorgeous boy xxxx

6. YorkshireMuppet

YorkshireMuppet PetForums Senior

Made me cry Sam, so sorry for your loss.
    RIP Beautiful Alfie x x x

7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

A really beautiful cat, bless him.:001_wub: I can see why you adored him. Heartbreaking for you to lose him Sam. Much sympathy to you hun:)

8. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

I love ginger cats.R.I.P Alfie.Sorry for your loss.

9. jonb

jonb PetForums Senior

handsome chap,love ginger cats
    RIP Alfie

10. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

A lovely tribute.

Run free Alfie. X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice