Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alfie

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mum2Alfie, May 10, 2010.

1. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

IMG0003.jpg

My son has a very bad cough. Just dosed him up with what I can on his breathing medicine and he fell back to sleep in my arms!

Sorry the pick aint great its a webcam and at night not very good!

Bless him! I hate it when I cant help him be alot better! But I cant give him cough medicine cause it makes his breathing extremely bad! Last time I did it we ended up in hospital! So tempting though it maybe to calm his cough in the long run it would just give me more trouble!! Sigh! Oh what it is to be a mother!

2. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Hi Harry! have you tried sitting in the bathroom with him with hot taps on, the steam opens up the bronciole tubes and helps relieve the breathing. We used to do that with our son. PS. Aw bless, they look so cute when they're asleep:D

3. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Hey hun! Long time no speak! Had to check it was you you have changed all your piccys :D

Ty very much for advice I will definatly keep that in mind. Cross fingers, just put him back up and he has settled! Cant hear any coughing! But ty ever so much hun.

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Bless him - he looks so sweet sleeping in your arms now.
    I hope he has a good night.

5. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Sorry if I sound a bit dense, but is he asthmatic at all?

6. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

No probs. Yeh i changed my avitar cos classixuk was on about googling your name to find a suitable avitar, well this one was the logo i used to have when i did disco's, anyway hows you bin?:thumbup:

7. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Yeah not bad ty. Ill mainly! LOL we are so very healthy! But sounds like everyone has had this mostly! Now I have a sore eye, think I have conjunctivitus! So gonna have to go to the drs tomorrow cause it is really sore!

Pleccy- yeah he is hun. Breathing medicine= asthma pumps! We call it breathing medicine for Alfie, he understands that better than Asthma.

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I hope he's feeling better soon. The steam idea should help him

9. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

It never rains, but it pours eh!:eek:

10. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Lol constantly! Saturday was a nightmare!!! Trying to get Alfies birthday tea ready, my OH and I were in the kitchen trying to cook, we were running late and not done sweet FA when our guests came round! So instead of being a decent host I had to be in the kitchen preparing! :mad: Then I burnt myself twice, nearly cut my finger off, trying to deshell the eggs and mucking that up, then dropped them on the floor!!! Oh my life is great atm!!! :thumbup: I am a walking disaster!!! I keep walking into stuff! Went to put some rubbish in the bin the other day, turned round and walked into the door! Think I am gonna hide under my duvet for the rest of this month! :D

11. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I used the steam idea on my kitten when he was a bit stuffy. It worked, but not without snot all over the floor :eek: x

12. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Thats where i'm gunna go now, take care everyone, speak soon:thumbup:

13. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Night night Uncle bullet! Ty for advice! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice