Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alfie isn't eating

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Becksie, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Becksie

Becksie PetForums Junior

Hi everybody.

My pussy cat doesn't seem to be his normal self. He hasn't eaten anything since Friday and just isn't his normal self. He normally comes running into the kitchen if I even get up! Trips to the vet tomorrow I think :-(

2. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

What other symptoms has he got, any vomiting or runny poos? just quieter than usual?
    have you tried tempting him with chicken or tuna?
    That's quite a long time to go without food i would recommend maybe ringing a vets if poss for advice and certainly taking him in the morning at the latest, hope it's just a little bug! :)

3. Becksie

Becksie PetForums Junior

I hope so too! I fed him yesterday. But was working nights when I got this morning his bowl was untouched, also has dry biscuits which was full & I give him cat milk sometimes as a treat which he loves! All untouched. He normally talks all the time so has defo been alot quieter than normal. He just isn't his normal self.
    I've just opened a tin of tuna which he had a little off, and then started eating his wet food out his bowl. He has only had a little but it's an improvement. I'm working nights again tonight so hopfully when I get home in the morning I'll be greeted by empty bowls & meowing!
    He goes outside so can't comment on any D&V

4. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed by morning he's returned to normal and no need for vets trip :) sometimes they just have an off day like us but obviously good idea to keep an eye on him x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice