Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Alaskan Klee Kai Price

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JRZL, May 10, 2010.

1. JRZL

JRZL PetForums Newbie

I am looking for a Alaskan Klee Kai and Ive seen quite a few ads claiming they have some for sale. I know how to tell the difference between a scam and a real ad for other breeds but i am unsure for this breed since they are rare. The main thing is the price. The ads say between £150 and £200. Is this what AKK should cost or is it higher?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. comfortcreature

comfortcreature PetForums VIP

I am in Canada,. As the AKK is a rare breed everywhere I would assume that they are fetching high prices everywhere. The two that I know of were 1. for free (cuz the breeder placed with a trusted friend) 2. for about 5 times the price you noted above.

My understanding is that if sold, they are very expensive.

CC

3. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

As they are a rare breed, I would be wary of them at that price as it is cheaper than what you would pay for a Jack Russell whuch are very common.

If there s a breed club you would be best contacting it for a lst of approved breeders

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That price seems way too low.
    Hopefully one of the members who own AKK will be along soon to advise, my brains in a pickle I know the realistic price for one but can't remember it sorry.

5. Shamen

Shamen Guest

i would think they would cost more than this but they arnt a recognised breed so im not sure what breeders charge, the main thing as with any breed is to make sure both parents have been health tested for genetic conditions common in that breed.

Ive just had a google and responsible breeders have dogs screened for Cardiac disease, luxating Patellas, and Thyroid diseases before breeding.:)

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

One of our members actually has AKK pups though I don't know if any are for sale :)

7. lianne86

lianne86 PetForums Member

:scared: how much!!!????!! Im afraid there most properly scams... because they are rare, anything thats advertised on the web is just a cruel way to make money, so please dont fall for them,one scammer tried to use my breeders picture of our pup one time!!.....theres a few of us on here that own akk's (myself included). I'd say be expected to pay 5-6 times the price you mentioned same what 'comfortcreature' said..but thats rough figure.

theres no litters available as far as in aware at present but its good to see your interested ...:thumbup: Be prepared for a longish wait as they dont tend to have big litters, but they are a fantastic breed to own so keep your eyes peeled..!!!! if you need any more help,drop me a pm :)

#7 lianne86, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  8. Shamen

Shamen Guest

do you find that the few breeders that there are in this country with the AKK are doing all the health tests recommended by the AKKAOA?

as they are such a rare and valuable breed you must be very worried that unscrupulous people will get hold of them and breed from unhealth tested dogs and risk ruining the health of the breed in this country.

9. lianne86

very much so...your bang on there.:thumbup:

We are quite a tight knit group at present so anything thats goes on regarding the breed, we tend to hear it! or find out! also so if there is a so called advert looming about, no doubt one of us will know whether its a scam or not!

#9 lianne86, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I've seen adverts where my boys picture has been used and they've claimed he is the father in other adverts :rolleyes:

11. lianne86

omg! its irritating is'nt it??? cheeky sods .....:mad:

12. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

every breeder ive spoken to has said at least £1000 per pup, so if it was massvely lower id question it

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Not to cause a riot but why would it be £1000 a pup for a breed that isn't of yet recognised?

£1000 sounds a bit much to me for any dog :eek:

14. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Yep sounds about right, I got a quote for $2,800 for a red pup that's not including shipping and whatever prices. (I never knew of uk breeders till recently)

15. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

That happened to my breeder someone was selling a white racing greyhound bitch but used a photo of William's sister in the advert. I phoned her as I didn't know if she had sold the bitch and she had the advert removed.

16. Shamen

Shamen Guest

well thats really good to hear:thumbup: but i didnt realise they should be tested for more conditions than i mentioned in my previous post:eek: ive c&p'd the info below.......as the breed is relatively new to this country and with the same health problems im taking it all ethical breeders in the UK do all the tests below aswell?

Make sure the breeder does ALL AND COMPLETE Heath Checks
    ON ALL THEIR BREEDING STOCK and on all offspring produced.
    If they are not doing at least the following ANNUAL health checks:

OFA Compliant Cardiac Exam

OFA Compliant Patella Exam

CBC / SuperChem Blood test

Bile Acid Blood Test

Full Thyroid Including TgAA Blood test

Coagulation, PT & PTT Blood test

Heartworm and Lyme Blood test

CERF Compliant Eye Exam

AND If they are not doing the following One Time health checks:

Factor VII genotyping

OFA Compliant Hip Xray between 2 and 3 yrs of age

THEN.....
    FUTURE OR POTENTIAL AKK OWNERS
    BEWARE AND DO YOUR RESEARCH

And find a breeder who does have the future
    of the AKK Breed foremost in their mind and heart.

17. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Agree with this, £1000 is a lot of money and surely if they are selling for this much it encourages dishonest breeders/adverts.

18. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I've never paid anything less than £1000 for a dog, apart from a farm bred BC

19. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

I would say £1000 is about right for a Klee Kai pup, you would be lucky to find one for under that

20. lianne86

:thumbup:

Oh well ....its amazing what we'd pay for dog ey? I couldnt never put a price on an AKK in my eyes...but then again i think everyone is the same with there own fav breed :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice