Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Akita Puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by uzi786, Apr 2, 2011.

1. uzi786

uzi786 PetForums Newbie

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

For a breed like this I would only go to a good breeder not one in the free ads. You don't know what type of temperment the parents had for a start and so many people are breeding them without any regard for health because they're a popular breed right now. Have a look on champdogs they should a list of ethical breeders or give the breed club a call they should be able to point you in the direction of good breeders that breed for health and temperment.

And when you get a puppy we'll need lots of pictures akita puppies are such cute little bears

3. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

I agree with the posts above. Quite apart from anything else, I am always suspicious when pedigree dogs are advertised with no papers - I always ask myself why. What are they hiding? In this case, as they are advertising Japanese Akitas and there is no actual breed called Japanese Akita, I would certainly be asking myself whether they are Akitas or Japanese Akita Inus. (The Akita breed used to be called Japanese Akita, but that was changed a good few years ago and I would expect all decent breeders to be up to date with the name of their breed!)

Another thing that screams a warning at me in the advert is the bad spelling - pleas instead of please, play full instead of playful, and god health instead of good health - this kind of thing often appears on scam adverts.

Finding a good breeder can be difficult - this is a good general link on what to look for in a breeder, and also includes links to breed rescues:

Finding the right dog breeder - The Kennel Club

#3 Spellweaver, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  4. kaiyaakita

kaiyaakita PetForums Junior

agree with all above, spellweaver - this is something that really bothers me too, hope op finds links useful and finds a good breeder and lovely puppy.

5. pinklady

pinklady PetForums Member

I agree with the above, both of my Akitas were from this site and both are perfect in every way so i dont always think you have to go to KC sites to find good dogs. You could always ask to see the pup and its parents before you make your mind up and always remember you can say "NO". I would however be slightly put off by the price as it does seems slightly cheap. Hope you find your bear soon and when you do we need piccys!!!!!! :tongue_smilie:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice