UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Lucky boys :D

I get all of Lucky's food from Morrisons, always loads of cheap heart and bones :)
Never thought of getting the pork rind though, hmmmm will get that next time :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow that looks great, ill have to go looking for a Morrisons! Can I ask you how you give the shanks, do you give them whole or cut down to portion size? I have finally found a butcher willing to sort out some of my girls bits and bobs, he gave me so many chicken carcuses I don't know what to do with them lol I don't know any raw feeders in bromley or else I would share them. Your boys look great.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
Wow that looks great, ill have to go looking for a Morrisons! Can I ask you how you give the shanks, do you give them whole or cut down to portion size?
For me that would depend on the weight of them and how often I fed them. Anything under 700g I'd give whole even if fed regularly, anything above that I'd have to cut down somehow, whether by cutting them into portion sizes or reducing his amount the next day. Just so he didn't get fat.

Pogo, looks like you got a great haul. I remember looking at all the meat in Morrisons when I was back in the UK and thinking just how nice it would be to be able to get stuff like that out here. So much choice for a reasonable price! Can get liver here but that's about it :( On the rare occasion I can get heart in the supermarket I get it for me not the dog lol.

G

·
Morrisons do have a great selection. I was looking at my local one only the other day and so much meats!

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
My supermarket of preference, although I get most of my bones from butchers, they are brilliant for sprats, which the numpty pup loves, and cheapy or reduced stuff, and because they get a lot of people from other cultures shopping there as they're good value, you get the stuff other supermarkets don't normally stock! All round win, and their anti pasta selection's pretty good too. And they stock British fruit, which has been hard to find locally for me this year.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I love morrisons for Alfred and Woodys food, i just look like i have some sort of meat fettish when im at the check out :p

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow that looks great, ill have to go looking for a Morrisons! Can I ask you how you give the shanks, do you give them whole or cut down to portion size? I have finally found a butcher willing to sort out some of my girls bits and bobs, he gave me so many chicken carcuses I don't know what to do with them lol I don't know any raw feeders in bromley or else I would share them. Your boys look great.
I give them whole for my boys :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Make no salt stock, I cook my dogs food if I give them meat and was given bags of turkey odds n ends just roasted the meat n boiled the bones. Stock has vitamins n good stuff and makes their food tasty. I have also been known to make my dogs gravy from the pork sticky bits in the roasting tray.

:frown2: This vegetarian is getting a bit too excited over gravy n pig fat lol. Mine love pork shoulder. Found pork loin steaks in sains:thumbup1:burys for 30p at the weekend

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Do they sells hearts and livers cheap for dogs or do people actually eat that stuff to?? Looks great for a dog but not so much for a Sunday roast!
Indeed people do!! We tend to cook it first though. I don't eat ox liver but pig's liver is one of our favourites.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.