Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Agressive Cat Tips

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Slashman, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Slashman

Slashman PetForums Newbie

Does anybody have any tips or know the reason why my male cat attacks everybody who isn't me or my mom even my roommate who is home all day and always around him gets attacked all the time for no reason he even help bottle feed him when he was a kitten

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Slashman - is your cat neutered? Un-neutered male cats can be very protective of their territory, not just to other cats but sometime to humans as well.

If he is neutered, how long has the aggressive behaviour been going on? How old is the cat?

Have you had him checked by the vet to make sure there is not an underlying illness or infection making him feel vulnerable?

3. Slashman

He is at least 5 years old and yes he is neutered and its been going on for years honestly and no i have not taken him to the vet

4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I think it is worth getting him health checked by the vet, for peace of mind. Aggressive behaviour can be a sign of a cat feeling unwell.

Summercat likes this.
  5. Slashman

wouldn't he be aggressive to me also not just other people and its not just a new aggression he has always done this

6. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

buffie likes this.
  7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Has he always done this since he was a kitten? You mentioned your flatmate used to feed him from a bottle - surely the kitten was not attacking him then was he?

What age was the cat neutered?

As Summercat has pointed out your cat has a skin condition, perhaps due to an allergy or an infection of some kind. It is essential you get him seen by the vet and treated for this. Any kind of skin condition can be painful and unpleasant for the cat.

No vet is not going to say they can't help your cat! Of course they can help him! The vet will investigate and find the cause of the skin problem and then treat it accordingly, so your cat gets better.

If money is an issue and you are on a welfare benefit you can apply to be accepted by one of the Blue Cross Clinics or one of the RSPCA veterinary hospitals or the PDSA. All of these offer heavily subsidised vet treatment. But you must get accepted first and provide proof of income before you can take your cat for an appointment.

Summercat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice