Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Agility/Flyball in wigan

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by Pampered pets, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Does anyone do flyball or agility in wigan or close to wigan?

I have a border collie and a collie x whippet id like to do agility with and a collie x id like to do flyball with, i tried flayball once my dog loved it but sadly it was Blackpool and is to far to travel every week realisticly.

2. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

wigan alsation and all breeds training club....

used to go...

pme me if you want any more info :)

3. Pampered pets

ive been to training classes with them before, found them a very unfriendly bunch unless you have an alsation or perfectly behaved dog, how were they with you?

i have a difficult collie and they cant be bothered with problem dogs.

4. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

lol glad you said it :p

i trained 2 of mine with them.. about 10 years ago we started - then competed under their club etb... very clicky but it was ok

went back with my third dog.(current).... first thing i got told was she was obese (she had a few extra pounds which from pics you can tell shes shifted n now looks ace)....

next she was terrifed of a contraption on the weaves... we only went twice... because she was really naughty on the 2nd time... BUT i dont blame her....

im just desparate to find a club as she loves it... and so do i +we havea show which im going to lmao as i know im ging to either fall over and mils gonna run away or both :lol:

5. AllstarsFlyballTeam

AllstarsFlyballTeam PetForums Newbie

Hi

You are very lucky in that there are a few clubs around the area.
    Live Wires Flyball Team
    Cheshire Set
    Wilmslow
    Carry Ons
    Allstars
    Flying Colours
    Dolphins

Have a look on British Flyball Association - Home Page to see the map

6. Pampered pets

Hi thanks,

i think its the live wires club that is very large and was having trouble fitting new members in.

Ill check out the other ones but im limited to weekend training at the moment and most clubs train in the week :(

7. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

are live wires based in warrington???

problem i have with outdoor training (like i think this club is?)
    is my dog is a swine for chasing birds etc.... so while were just starting out - indoors is much safer :p then when its clicked - we will venture outdoors lol

8. AllstarsFlyballTeam

Pampered Pets - Most clubs will be training at weekend due to lack of light, it just means you won't be able to train each week as some times a competition will get in the way. We have our last week day training this week and are then moving to weekends after that. Feel free to have a look at our site ALLSTARS FLYBALL TEAM - Home

9. AllstarsFlyballTeam

Nic 101 - Yes live wires are based in Warrington and yes they train outdoors.

You shouldn't have a problem with outdoor training and realistically it isn't feasible for most clubs to train indoors ... we can do as it's also an agility arena. The reason I say you shouldn't have a problem is down to the other dos, the atmosphere they cause focus's your dogs attention on them.If you have a dog with a strong pray drive they are more likely to chase the other dogs than even notice anything else!

10. Pampered pets

Thanks ill have a look at your site, do you accept 'problem dogs' trouble is if i start training now and it goes back to weekday training and i cant make it wont that be a waste? unless i trained where nic goes and she could carry on when i cant ??????

11. Pampered pets

sorry, its late and im not reading properly lol your flyball not agility, DUH i should read things when im more awake.

i think Bracca may be more suitable to agility than flyball, along with his pal Kara. Two of my other dogs are more suited to flyball, they loved it at blackpool who were a very lovely firendly group but sadly just to far.

12. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Billinge is near Wigan, isn't it? I've seen people wearing 'Billinge Agility' badges.

13. k8t

k8t PetForums Senior

Hi

Couldn't help noticing your thread.

I train with Billinge Agility Club, having had great difficutly in finding them!!! However, they have proved to be really good, excellent instruction and a friendly bunch. :D

In the summer we train on a Tuesday evening or on a Sunday morning if it is good weather in Billinge itself. However, we have now got an indoor venue and start training there on Wednesdays at 7.00pm about 15/20 mins drive from Billinge.

I know we have been limited to numbers, for a while, but now are in a position to take on some more members either new to agility or experienced. If you are interested, then PM me and I will give you some more info.

Kate

14. Pampered pets

Kate, i tried to pm but your in box was full, thanks

15. k8t

k8t PetForums Senior

Box empty!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice