Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Aggressive?

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Kiro, May 1, 2018.

1. Kiro

Kiro PetForums Newbie

So I have two corn snake (Male and Female) They live in the same tank and have since they were hatchlings. Recently while cleaning their cage I noticed a strange patch of what looked like blood. While playing with the female I noticed a cou[le strange reddish dots.
    Both of them are very docile and behave well with me, I'm wondering if they're hurting each other or what might be happening.

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

No one can tell you for sure. They could well have attacked each other over resources or perhaps something else. Tbh cohabiting is always a risk and it takes skil to do it successfully. It’s not something I would attempt.

Is one larger than the other? Are you prepared to handle eggs when they lay? Keeping a male and female together will most likely result in the mating.

I would separate them if I’m being honest. It will take away the risk of them hurting each other and if there is something going on with one of them, then you can isolate it to the one snake.

3. dingal2000

dingal2000 PetForums VIP

There could be a number of things, as the above party said they could be attacking each other , or stress is leading the female to attack itself, my advice would be to separate them

4. Charlingo

Charlingo PetForums Newbie

Sorry if this is an unwanted opinion but I would never keep corn together, most reptiles will happily live alone and will also always flight when housed with others and corn snakes are the same. I have a small reptile rescue and I have taken in so many animals that have been housed together. Personally I do see the point in housing them together as there are no benefits other then to the owner (as one need one of everything) but having animals separate will give them more freedom than being together. I would suggest separating them as even if it's unclear if they have attacked eat other or not I wouldn't risk it as the next fight could be deadly xxxx

dingal2000 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice