Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Aggressive blue tongue skink

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Helen Armitage, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Helen Armitage

Helen Armitage PetForums Newbie

I've recently acquired a blue tongue skink after wanting one for ages but he is very angry and aggressive, the opposite of every skink I've met before. I bought him and full set up from my usually reliable reptile centre and have followed all the advice about settling in, gentle daily handling, favourite foods etc but he seems to have become more angry and aggressive. He attacks when I put food in and even seems to lie in wait ready to launch himself at us when we open his Viv door. He tried to attack through the glass the other day. We have several reptiles who are all friendly, handled daily and much loved members of the family but I'm despairing with this skink. Im actually scared of him now and cleaning him out is a risky business done early in the day when he's still a bit dopey. Any help and advice would be very welcome, just don't know what we're doing wrong. Please help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice