Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Aggressive Bischon Frise.

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by rachy, May 15, 2010.

1. rachy

rachy PetForums Member

Ok so the title is a bit exaggerated, but it's still a problem that needs sorting out asap.

My mums Bischon Louis is 18 months old. He has always been good natured and got along really well with my older dog Reeba (4 years old)
    We got our new puppy Fester at Christmas and they seemed to play ok together the first time they met (at my mums house) however just when i was about to leave Louis turned really aggressive towards Fester and i mean really nasty. Teeth out, wanted to go for him etc. My mum held onto him and we left to drive back to London.

This weekend my mum and Louis have come to stay for the weekend, he has once again turned aggressive towards Fester. We have worked out it is when i give Fester attention Louis doesn't like it and gets nasty.
    We have let Louis go when he turns and he just runs after Fester, he doesn't follow through with biting him or anything as Fester is now a lot bigger than him. Fester seems to think he is playing.

I was stroking Reeba at one point and once again Louis tried to start on Reeba this time but Reeba simply stood up and pinned him to the ground with his paw and Louis backed down and didn't try this again.

What can we do when Louis does turn nasty?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rachel
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice