Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Aggressive behaviour in cats

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by ScarlettLettie, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ScarlettLettie

ScarlettLettie PetForums Newbie

Hi there! has anyone had any experience with a cat suddenly becoming aggressive towards other cats? We have 5 cats and they’ve lived together for a long time with no issues. Usually very friendly towards each other. All cats are neutered and healthy.

However, recently one of my female cats has begun growling at the other cats and even people sometimes. For (seemingly) no reason. For instance, if she enters a room and one of the other cats is in the room she will start growling at them. Although she won’t hiss or approach them. She usually just goes and cowers in a corner.

She is otherwise her usual friendly self towards humans, the issue only seems to occur when there’s another cat in the room.

She is entirely secluding herself from the others.

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Hi, sorry to hear about your cat. If she and all the others have been spayed and nothing has changed recently, I would say it sounds like she might be in pain. Cats often try to hide away when they are in pain, as they don't know what is causing the pain, so they think it might be the presence of another. Like they sometimes hiss at their food bowl when they have bad teeth. I would pop her along to the vets as soon as you can to get her checked out. I hope she is ok.

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice