Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Aggression after food

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Amelia Petherbridge, Jan 7, 2019.

?

Help with food aggression after eating

1. advice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. puppy training

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Petherbridge

Amelia Petherbridge PetForums Newbie

Hi

I need some help on my franchise pup. He is a 6 month old Male Frenchie who has become aggrieve after he has eaten.

He is not aggressive with his food until he has finished. He will lick the bowl spotless then sit bolted to the ground and give me crazy eyes. If anyone goes near him after he is finished he growls and goes to bite you. So far the bites are more of a warning and not a bite but it is getting worse and more frequent. It takes him a while to chill out.

I have tried different things such as putting my hand in the bowl while he is eating, taking it away from him then making him sit and giving it back, giving him treats as he eats. I also stroke him while he eats. All of this he is fine with. It is only once he is finished he gets nasty. My partner has also had the aggression starting now when he is given treats.

He eats super fast and barely chews. We feed him Raw food which he has been on since a baby. Could this be an issue?

I am worried that when he gets bigger he will become more aggressive or he may go for a child.

Another note we are going to have him neutered soon could this help?

Attached Files:

2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

closed as duplicate thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice