Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Age concern

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Master, Dec 12, 2020.

?

Age concern

1. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Master

Master PetForums Newbie

Hi there. I reserve the kitten with is apparently 10 weeks old. Is half ragdoll x blue British shorthair. I really concern that kitten is not the age sellers told me. Please is someone can give me advice. Price for kitten is £450

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Walk away. Go to a shelter, plenty of moggies, there, which is what you are about to pay a fortune for., a moggie. Or if you are determined to pay a lot of money, contact an ethical responsibile breeder who doesn't breed questionable mixed breeds and sell them too young.

chillminx and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Honestly if you want a moggie/crossbreed then you will find many gorgeous cats at one of the many rescue places near you and they are a fraction of that price. If however you'd like a pedigree kitten then please go to a reputable breeder, who tests their breeding cats for inheritable diseases and fully vaccinates, microchips and registers their kittens as a bare minimum. Depending on the breed, you will pay slightly more than the £450; but heck, it's a no brainer!!

Don't support Backyard Breeders whose only aim is to part you from your money.

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

You are probably right. Kittens start costing a lot more to raise after about 8 weeks, when they start eating a huge amount of food and using a corresponding amount of cat litter so BYBs like to sell their kittens at 8 weeks (or less sometimes) to maximise their profit.

spotty cats and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Even if this were a genuine accidental mating from a breeder with 2 breeds, that are fully health tested, if you don't trust the breeder then walk away.
    Accidents are still raised to high standards, kept for the appropriate age, neutered, vaccinated, microchipped.

If an intentional cross then even more reason to walk and not support a byb.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. lenanowa

lenanowa PetForums Member

I would recommend watching this re: risks of getting a puppy/kitten from a dodgy breeder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice