UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 24.. my sisters are 21 and 19.

When my dad announced that he and his gf were having a baby when I was 13 I didn't think anything of the gap. Nor did I when my half brother came along 5 years later. But other people seemed to think the gap was a bit big..

Anyway.. my mum is hoping to have another baby.. she has been through alot, but now has managed to find herself a really nice guy and feels that if she is able to, she is ready for another child!! :eek:

That would make it be like, 25 years younger than me! Does anyone else have a large gap between siblings?

Oh, the thing that weirds me out more, is that my son will be able to say he is older than auntie or uncle! Lol

xx

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
My hubby has a 10yr gap between him and his sister, but i do not know of anyone with as big a gap as 25yrs old. That would be so lovely!
How sweet that your son will have a uncle younger than him lol!

My mum is 6 months younger than her aunty (my grans sister) and they have a good friendship also
x

·
Registered
823 Posts
There's 7 years between me and my brother, I'm the oldest.

We used to be very close when he was young and even when he was a teenager but then he married some hideous thing and we don't even talk any more....but that's another post!

My dad and his youngest sister have a 21 year age gap and they've always been close.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There is a 3 year gap between me and my one sister, 13 years between me and my brother, and 15 between me and my eldest sister. I'm the youngest :D I don't think the age gap really matters, I get on well with all of my siblings :)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I am the youngest at 15 :eek:
My whole brother is 21 this december
My half brother is about 29
My half sisters are 32 and 31
So quite an age gap
But hey it doesn't matter! At least you will have a lovely baby sibling to welcome into the world! :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
im the oldest apart from a half sister iv never met, shes about 12yrs older then me i think. i have three younger sisters 5, 7 and 9 years younger then me. so my older sister is 21 years older the my youngest.

G

·
I'm three years younger than my sister, being young doesn't necessarily have its virtues. :cryin:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have a sis 20 years older than me and i had another one whos died she was 21 years older than me, when my dad left marines, they wanted another child so they had me.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm the oldest of my parents 5 children. I'm 29 and the youngest is 7. So that's a 22 year gap. I was doing finals at Uni when he was born. But I have more in common with him than I do my other 3 brothers! It just creeped me out that my parents were still having sex! ;) LOL! xx

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Me and my bros and sister are close in age, but my hubby is a different story, He as a brother 46 same age as my mum another brother 44, sister 42 and 40 he is 27 nearly and a younger sister a week older than me she is 25, he also as a half sister who is 4. xxx

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
There is 19 years between my eldest brother and me, but mum had four children and once one went to school mum had another, so really six years between each child, I don't think there is ever a gap to big

Its all about love baby

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I don't see a problem with it, my girls are 7 years apart, my youngest was a surprise. My husband has a 10 year gap between him and his oldest brother and sister. The age difference does cause some issues but nothing serious, they still have a good relationship.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Welll!! My sister is 27, then 7 years 11 months later, I was born (19) then 16 months later my brother was born (18) (he was a twin but she died) then 4 years later my next brother was born (14) and then my other little brother was 2 yesterday!

So all in all

Sarah - 27
Charley - 19
Ben - 18
Oliver - 14
Marcus - 2

So there is 25 years between my older sis and my youngest brother!

Char
xxx

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.