Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

After some advice

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Zena Wright, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Zena Wright

Zena Wright PetForums Newbie

My brother has about 4 guinea pigs, I which about 2 years ago he had to move to temporary accommodation which meant the pigs could not go with him, so he asked my mother if she would look after them for him. Which of courses she agreed to.
    However 2 years on and my mother still has these guinea pigs. She's is declining in health and it preparing to go to a care home,
    She's told my brother on numerous occasions that she can't cope with the guinea pigs, and has asked him to either take them back or find a new home for them, in which he has done neither.
    My question is as the pigs have been living there for so long, are they classed as abandoned or has my mother got a right to rehome them herself?
    Before anyone asks, I offered to my mother that I'll take them (as a huge animal lover, I hate to see animals suffer or be neglected) but my brother and I don't see eye to eye, and doesn't want me to have them.
    Any advice is much appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice