Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Afghan prisoners are being abused in a "secret jail"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, May 11, 2010.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

2. borderer

borderer Guest

eye for an eye................

3. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

I think there is a lot of sh@t that goes on, that we dont know about....
    War is always dirty, and a waste. And nearly always down to money and ones own interests....funny how we will only get involved in 'certain' 'troubles'...look at Rawanda !! and the world stood by......

4. borderer

borderer Guest

my boy has been to afghan ask him what he thinks:(

5. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Yep and so did my nephew, and never came back. Guess he cant have his say eh?

My brother served in the Falklands, and came back, but not how we wanted him too.

1 person likes this.
  6. borderer

borderer Guest

very sad some dont come back.dont think it bothers me if prisoners get abused some people dont know what goes on:(

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Bordie i didn't mean any offence,i'm sure it works both ways.I just find it hard to accept this stuff still goes on.If it was one of ours i'd like to think they were treated humainly.:)

8. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Have to say i agree with you, and hate myself for it.....but that is war for you

I can remember my step dad telling my eldest sister about when he was in the second world war.....his military histroy was amazing.

He was telling her about the first time he killed someone, he was going over some kind of hill, and meet the enemy coming from the other side of the hill....they both were shocked, and just stood there looking at each other...knowing one of them had to die...and none of them wanted to kill each other.... they stood for seconds, willing one and other to take the first strike. My step father came home, that poor chap never.....my step father was just 19 at the time. And guessing the other poor bloke was around the same age.. so sad.

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I was expecting actual torture! Phew, glad its not..:)
    Frankly being stuck in a tiny cell, having no control over the lighting, no heating, a loud machine keeping you awake and having to dance whilst desperately waiting for the toilet sound like my house growing up!!:D

10. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

American government once again trying to prolong and justify a fictitious war on terrorism no doubt?
    It's easy to condemn a country and a race of people through the use of propaganda and then even easier to exploit it to a point where no one really cares until it's too late.
    I often wonder how long the American government will continue to plunder the world and abuse its people?
    America; the new Rome and almost every American believes he is Caeser and the world is his alone to conquer. ;)

11. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Everyone is someones father, son, mother, daughter :(

I always find it unsettling how appalled we are when atrocities are committed on "our own" yet we shrug off how many innocent people have been "colateral damage" because they live so far away :(

I am not a pacifist and if i thought we were fighting for our liberty like in the 2nd WW i would say every man for themselves and i would fight the good fight but we all know this war is not about us :(

agreed :( ultimately we will all pay for our greed at some point.

12. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Sounds like it could be worse to be honest, british prisoners are treated worse than that in some places :(

My Grandma's Uncle was a prisoner of war and spent up to 6 hours a day for nine days being hung up by his thumbs. At least things don't seem quite as bad now, uncomfortable conditions are better than torturous ones at least. As for some of them being beaten up, I don't think we know why they are prisoners...if someone had murdered someone and was put in a prison in the UK, I expect many would say they deserved to be beaten up :confused:

They ought not be beaten up etc, but at the end of the day with being disturbed in their sleep and things, it doesn't sound as bad as I expected the article to be. I can't say much because I don't know why they are prisoners etc, not right to physically hurt them though, as a starting point.

#12 GoldenShadow, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  13. Zaros

All POW's are dealt the same treatment no matter what their nationality. War practice across front lines does not discriminate. It seems to be an accepted code of conduct between nations in conflict.
    It must also be remembered that torture is an expected practice because it is believed to be the quickest method of extracting information from the detainee. :scared:

14. GoldenShadow

I don't mean just war, I mean in general. People in prisons in other countries, british or other nationalities can have it worse in terms of the living conditions, so to be honest I would have expected them to be worse as its in a war.

15. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

If you ever have kids i will pop back and ask you at about the 6 week stage if you think being constantly woken from sleep isn't torture ;)

16. GoldenShadow

I don't sleep anyway, most I ever get's about 1/2 an hour without waking up to the outside light clicking on or something ;)

Thing is I get the impression the people doing it couldn't really be bothered to do it 24/7, I don't get what fun they would get by doing it over and over! Another forum I go on think the story isn't particularly factual because apparently a couple of their sources weren't very reliable, that might be tinting my view a bit now :)

17. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

My nephew was blown up on Sunday morning by an Afghanistan scumbag. Someone who sat and waited for the right moment to press the button for maximum damage. Hope they rot for what they did to him but just glad he survived others didn't.

1 person likes this.
  18. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw how tragic I am so sorry :( :(

19. Zaros

I'm sincerely sorry to learn that. It's a tragedy having to fight in a conflict which the U.S and British government were warned to stay away from by the Russians whom after long campaigns realised they were up against an enemy that had fought this style of guerilla warfare for many hundreds of years.

Go home boys you're not fighting for freedom and your not fighting for justice. Just your lives. :(

20. borderer

borderer Guest

they cant wish it was that easy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice