UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been the vets today with Arnie (good job took purse instead of a few quid which is what I normally do :eek:) anyhow along with the usual discussion of why I was there, I told her we'd recently been to Anglesey (yeah I know pics when I can remember my pb password :eek:) so she's spot treated them with Advocate as lung worm is quite common there apparently, even though I'd wormed them with Milibex just before we went, so my question is.....

In view of the fact we'd like to go back to Anglesey, either holiday or day trip (tis only 2ish hrs away) do I start using Advocate instead of Milibex or along side it for as and when we go, and exactly what do each do that the other doesn't?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Been the vets today with Arnie (good job took purse instead of a few quid which is what I normally do :eek:) anyhow along with the usual discussion of why I was there, I told her we'd recently been to Anglesey (yeah I know pics when I can remember my pb password :eek:) so she's spot treated them with Advocate as lung worm is quite common there apparently, even though I'd wormed them with Milibex just before we went, so my question is.....

In view of the fact we'd like to go back to Anglesey, either holiday or day trip (tis only 2ish hrs away) do I start using Advocate instead of Milibex or along side it for as and when we go, and exactly what do each do that the other doesn't?
Do you mean Milbemax ? The tablet ? Advocate does fleas and various worms including lungworm, Milbemax is the same but doesn't do fleas just the woms...someone should be along soon to correct me if I'm wrong! If I was to choose one it would be Milbemax and I would flea treat only if my dogs have fleas, I don't believe in using chemicals without reason. Worming should be every 3-6 months dependent on the dog :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Advocate is supposed to be the only one that actually prevents lungworm...I use both....I do them with one and then after a week i use the other....Advocate is a monthly treatment but i just do them every 3 mths or so....They can get lungworm through eating slugs and snails so we make sure we don't have many of them and got rid of all the grass and soil and have it all flagged and block paved....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.