Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advocate Flea Treatment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MoggyBaby, Mar 24, 2011.

1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Hi Folks,

If you have used the Advocate Flea Treatment on any of your pets, please could you let me know how you got on with it. My cats appear to have become immune to the Frontline products and I have been really struggling with this problem for about 18 months now.

I saw an old thread which mentioned this product & brought it to my attention however there are not many reviews on t'internet and those that I can find are mixed so I would really love to hear the opinions / experiences of the nice people on PF to help me decide if it is worth purchasing & trying.

I've put this thread on General Chat as I wanted the opinion of all users not just those on the Cat section. :)

Many thanks in anticipation of your comments. :D

PS: I would have attached a poll but couldn't figure out how to do it!! I'm such a fickie!! :mad:

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I used it on my two dogs the other night, no adverse effects apart from to my olfactory system, man that stuff stinks!!

3. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

frontline..house spray and bedding wash..done on the same day..repaeted monthly...:rolleyes:

4. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

I doubt you cats are 'immune' to it, considering it isn't designed to kill them off.

The FLEAS on the other hand might be. unlikely but they might be.

as cheeky says you need to be quite religious about dosing the house and washing everything. get some house spray, dose every room once a month, keep everything washed,spray the interior of wardrobes and drawers (with your clothes taken out).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice