UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a boxer pup,she is 19 weeks old and im struggling with her when shes out on the lead.
i was thinking maybe a harness would be better for her i dont like her pulling and worried about her hurting her neck,

my question is do i change to a harness or not?

also do harness's stay on all the time or just when we are going out for walks,(usually 3 times a day)

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I would use a harness to be honest. puppy's necks are fragile so pulling isn't great on collars. I would get a simple harness for now where the lead is clipped at the back.

only put the harness on when you go out for walks.:)

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
i have a boxer pup,she is 19 weeks old and im struggling with her when shes out on the lead.
i was thinking maybe a harness would be better for her i dont like her pulling and worried about her hurting her neck,

my question is do i change to a harness or not?

also do harness's stay on all the time or just when we are going out for walks,(usually 3 times a day)

You can get a harness with a clip for the lead at the front, instead of the back, which discourages pulling.
And only wear the harness on your dog for walks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.