Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Advice please

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Cadcam, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Cadcam

Cadcam PetForums Newbie

I am off to look at a breeding queen from someone who purchased her to breed but her son was really allergic so she is now selling the cat on. I have asked about blood group and papers and proof of being on the active register and this is all available upon me going to view the queen. My question is how do I go about changing the registration details to my name and how do you register new kittens to the pedigree board and how much does it cost per kitten.

I look forward to your reply’s thanks x

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

An active registered queen should only be sold on for breeding with the original breeder's knowledge and permission. Retired queens should be spayed if they are going to new homes.
    However, to answer your questions: you should be given the registration certificate which will allow you to transfer her into your name. She must be registered in your name before being mated and before any kittens can be registered.
    Kittens can be registered online. You can use the administrative prefix if you do not have your own and submit your choice of names. There are rules about what names are allowed and the amount of letters you can use and these are explained on the GCCF website. The cost per kitten will vary as you pay a fee to register the litter and then for each individual kitten - currently £5 per litter and £18 per kitten for administrative prefix
    This is for the GCCF - rules may differ with other registering bodies such as TICA

Tigermoon likes this.
  3. Cadcam

Cadcam PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your post, what is the website to register the queen into my name as I can’t find y on the gccf site.

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

If you look at the gccf site there is link at the top of the page on the right hand side to online services. That's where you go to change registration details and to register kittens.

5. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

Personally, I would never have wanted a 'second hand' breeding queen but you really need to make sure the cat is registered to the seller not the original breeder if the registering body is the GCCF. If you are given the paper transfer it must have the signature of the owner with your name included as the new owner.

spotty cats and lymorelynn like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice