Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice please??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sammyben, Jul 3, 2009.

1. sammyben

sammyben Guest

When we picked Sammy up from breeders...6 weeks ago, she advised us that she hadnt received the papers from the KC yet and they would hopefully only be a couple of weeks, Anyway, we have still not received them, I gave her a call last week and she said she would chase them up. I'm going to give her a call back this weekend to find out whats happening, but was just wondering if there is anything I can do legally so that I can kinda threaten her to say well if we dont have them soon we'll be contacting......?? I also know the couple who have Sammy's brother and they haven't received theirs yet either!

She is a reputable breeder so do you think they are taking ages to come from KC?

Thanks x

2. They should be ready when the puppy is ready to leave! All I can assume is that she has been late sending in the registration! I would NOT give her the benefit of the doubt though! I would give her 10 days and say if you have not recieved them by then that you will contact Trading Standards (or whatever they call tehmselves now)
    Did you get the free six weeks insurance?
    regards
    DT

3. Shaza

Shaza PetForums Junior

I have been going through the same thing with Oscar's breeder....and I got him on 29 April!!! After contacting KC they have advised me that no litter had been registered in either the sire or the dam and that it only takes 10-14 days for registration. Oscar was advertised as KC reg and the breeder signed the receipt saying "KC papers to follow".

KC told me that I should keep chasing the breeder but if I get nowhere then I can take it up with Trading Standards under the Sale of Goods Act. Unfortunately my sister is going through exactly the same problem with the breeder she got her lhasa from (not the same breeder I got Oscar from) so it is a lesson learned :mad:

4. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Well that what I thought, that the papers should be ready to take away with you when picking the pup up. I'm going to phone her today and see what she has to say.

Yeah, we got 6 weeks free insurance through pet plan.

x

5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

if you have the kc names of the parents just give the kennel club & ring to make sure theyre registered, if so then shes probably just late sending them off.

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

The papers should be ready when the pups are ready to leave but in some breeds were the coat colour can change it is not always easy to do.

In my breed whippets the coat colour can change quite a bit My 2 fawn youngsteres were born blue and ended up a pale fawn. As both parents are brindle there was also a chance they could have developed slight brindling as they got older. Several people saw photos of them and no one had any idea that they would stay fawn they all though they would be lightly brindled. If I had registered them as that I would then have had to pay again to correct their colouring.

If my papers have not arrived by the time the pups leave I always put the on the receipt that kc papers will follow asap and send them as soon as they arrive. I usually have the envelopes already addressed so as soon as the papers arrive its just a case of putting the right papers into the right envelope and off to the post office to send them.

7. rona

rona Guest

You can check here
    Dog Name Check • The Kennel Club

8. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We're still waiting for our papers,but the breeder admitted she'd sent them late and she'd post them once they arrived, I'm going to give it another week before I chase them up.

9. Staceybob

Staceybob PetForums Member

I hope you get them; Mine were ready with my puppy.

Stacey xxx

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

get in touch with trading standards, something is not right here. My daughter had the same problems and she threatened with trading standards, and within two weeks she got them. You should of had the papers with the puppy and insurance for 6 weeks if they were K.C. reg. Dont let this go on get onto it now. xx

11. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

Decent breeder would have the papers ready to go with puppy. I can only assume that the parents are not KC reg or they are KC reg with endorsements that prevent progeny being registered.

12. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

YEah, we always sell our pups with the papaers :confused:
    Maybe she sent them off late?
    Keep us updated :D

13. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I got Pippas K.C papers when I picked her up and activated the K.C insurance the next day. A friend of mine didn't have her pups papers when she took him home but she did have a letter from the breeder stating they would be sent on - and they were.

I hope that you get them, keep us posted!

14. Shaza

Shaza PetForums Junior

RESULT!!! Oscar's breeder has just emailed me to say his papers have arrived and she will post them on Monday. It was worth all the hassle chasing her and the KC in the end.

Unfortunately my sister is not having so much luck getting her papers. Her breeder is ignoring her emails and texts so she has contacted Epupz and they are chasing it for her - we will wait and see.

15. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

My girls breeder didn't have papers when picked her up, but she had personal problems at the time and we gave her the benefit of doubt.....anyway we got them a couple of weeks later.

Good luck:)

16. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Please remember folks that the KC insurance only activates when you send in the paperwork - it doesn't come with the dog per se it is part of the registration process. If your breeder has petplan or one of the others then it activates when the breeder activates it

as I understand it

17. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

My sister still hasn't had her papers for her pup who is now over a year old... I doubt she ever will to be honest. I don't think she really bothered trying to get them off the breeder though :rolleyes:

Hope you get yours soon :)

18. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

I agree with previous post breeder should've had k.c papers ready when dog was picked up .You def should have had them by now ive never waited longer than 14 days when ive sent off . Hope u get ur k.c soon hun

19. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Well it turns out that she has had to send duplicate forms to the KC as they say they never received the first ones. She has given me his KC registration number and name.....anyone know where I can check the name and number to find out if it is him??

x

20. Dundee

Dundee Banned

:confused: If they didn't receive the forms in the first place he won't yet have a KC name and registration number :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice