Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rkd78, Jan 23, 2012.

1. rkd78

rkd78 PetForums Newbie

hi i've been feeding raw to my two staffs now for about four weeks. the youngest Diesel is four and a half months old, keeps on having loose stools.i feed him 200g chicken quarters in the mornin then 100g of tripe or lamb mince in the afternoon and evening.

i've also tried giving more bone but his stools are still loose. any advice would be grateful

thanks

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I'd leave out the lamb mince for now, and just keep them on chicken and green tripe until their systems are used to it. I generally tell people to switch them over onto that diet once they've made sure their dogs are ok with chicken, and then introduce different proteins one at a time, and give them plenty of time to get used to the new foods. Most dogs switch over fine, without any problems, but some dogs do have problems, as you've discovered, so it's best to take things slowly to make sure it agrees with them. :)

3. rkd78

rkd78 PetForums Newbie

thanks. the older staff she's fine it's just the pup.

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

lamb makes my golden retriever sick, even now after being on raw for over a year.
    the only lamb she can tolerate is in a lambtripe mix

cut out the lamb, see how that goes, then if not working up his bone intake and see how you get on

best of luck

vicki

5. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Also strip off any skin on the chicken as this can cause loose stool. It can be gradually be left on it greater amounts when firm stool is achieved.

6. rkd78

rkd78 PetForums Newbie

i do this anyway he would be chewing the skin for at least half an hour. when i first gave him chicken.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice